• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onimusha: Warlords -- Action Gameplay Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Capcom's riveting samurai adventure returns! Experience the story of Samanosuke - a brave warrior facing a legion of demonic foes. Wielding his deadly katana and a relic of demonic origin, Samanosuke captures the souls of his defeated enemies to upgrade his arsenal of elemental weapons to new levels of power. New features include high-definition visuals, intuitive control options, an accessible difficulty option unlocked from the beginning, and more. Experience one of the best-selling games of its generation with this improved version of Onimusha: Warlords. Coming to Playstation 4 on January 15, 2019.

Akuza89

It looks pretty much the same as it did on PS2, just with slight light improvements....

Still can't wait to play it and see it for myself.

I do have the ps2 version, but it needs to come back with a new game and rebuying this supports that!

Diddy X

Will play it on steam, it was my first game on my old ps2 so it brings good memories, never got to play the rest so I hope they are remastering those too.

Last edited:

sensor

Excellent. Will grab it, so pleased to see Onimusha get attention from Capcom, even if it is a remaster/port.

Hope the second game follows soon. That one was the best.

decisions

Doesn't look too much different, but this type of game is so rare in today's market that this remaster feels warranted and refreshing. I really hope it does well because I would love to see a new Onimusha, hopefully in this fixed camera, atmospheric style that seems to have been eliminated by modern trends.

sublimit

Banned
Kinda sucks they replaced the original soundtrack with a new one but i'm still looking forward for the game of course. I hope if they remaster the 2nd game they will keep its original soundtrack though since Taro Iwashiro's compositions are some of my favorite songs in any video game ever.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The scene where you have to run past the flames looks to be a whole lot faster in loading to the next screen. Animations look faster, but I've been replaying the original on PS2. Samanosuke and Kaede appear to be quicker with their movements probably because of the enhanced controls. Too bad they didn't show off all the ''more''.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Day 1.

Is this getting rid of tank controls hopefully? That alone would be a big positive for me.

Solo Act

As someone who never played the original, that looks pretty rough; if you're a fan of the game it probably looks great. #opinions

Erf, of course Capcom was too start milking it's old franchises...

Fuck you I will play my rom on RPCS2. I was expecting a collection but of course they want to milk the shit out of 15 years old titles that have not been revamped in any ways...

Renoir

Im going to have to buy all these games on Pc. Buying it on consoles is such a waste. Every console youre going to have to buy the same games over? Your purchase never move over to the new console. Shame...

No thanks, I still have the original PS2 cd, can play it as a ROM with widescreen hack, better graphic and most importantly: original soundtrack. Maybe I'll even buy Genma Onimusha, which it should have been based on, if an Xbox emulator ever comes out.

FFS why do they keep making these bland, poor and incomplete remasters/collections?

Last edited:
Top Bottom