• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opposing Opinions

Tsubaki

Games that everyone likes that I hate (not overrated, but hate):

Capcom vs games
Dead or Alive series
Dragon Force
Final Fantasy VII-current
Guardian Heroes
Metroidvania
Resident Evil series
Skies of Arcadia
Street Fighter Alpha/Zero series
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis
Tales of series
Tokimeki Memorial
Yoshi's Island

Games that everyone hates that I like:

Grandia
Metroid II
Metropolis Street Racer/Project Gotham Racing series
Sonic Advance series
Sonic Adventure series
Space Channel 5 series

Now you try.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I liked every game that you listed under "everyone hates that I like" category. Sure some I didn't like all that much but they weren't worth hating.

I liked just about every game that you hated, other than Resident Evil. Of course, I loved Suikoden III, Front Mission IV, Xenosaga, Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, and Final Fantasy VIII.

Tsubaki

Sorry, the second category is harder to quantify since rarely is anything universally hated... but I've heard some pretty negative comments on the ones I've listed. And they're not generally regarded as well as I think they should be.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
worsttopic.jpg

Tsubaki

Schafer said:

Eh, maybe. But so many games are praised as OMG TEH AWESOME and then, as the .hack thread reminds us, really aren't so good.

There are many I have always felt were garbage, but were for whatever held in high regard.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
:lol

I stopped reading at 'Guardian Heroes'.

Yet the games/series' you adore are all Sega/DC-ish.

Tsubaki

DaCocoBrova said:
:lol

I stopped reading at 'Guardian Heroes'.

Yet the games/series' you adore are all Sega/DC-ish.

Of all the Treasure games I own (GuardianH, SilMirage, RS, Mischief Makers, S&P, Bangaioh, Ikaruga, HnI, Tetsuwan Atom), it's my least liked. For the record, I fight beat 'em ups extremely dull, and Treasure ups the yawn factor by making a game out of juggling. Now you're constantly jamming on the attack button. Woo...

I like Treasure games generally, because there's always a unique gameplay element to them. But Guardian Heroes lacks that, and instead just combines genres. Astro Boy GBA is similar in that way, but at least it has more variety with the shooter levels. Neither game stacks up as one of my favs.

And yeah, it's not a company "thing". But I think Sega gets a lot of flack for some of their games because they're atypical. I'd stick Rez in my first list, but I don't really "hate" it. I just like it a lot less than Panzer Dragoon as a rails shooter, and like it a lot less than SC5 series as a game-performance-affects-music-and-visuals game.

Top Bottom