• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Sonic Generations is being delisted as a standalone title

Draugoth

Gold Member

We're excited to share SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS with you this October and see a new generation cherish this game as much as we do!On 9/9, the original Sonic Generations will be removed as a standalone title. But, we've heard your feedback, and want to help preserve the game.

Therefore, Sonic Generations will still be available via bundles of other iconic Sonic titles on Steam and Xbox. Existing owners of the title will still be able to download and play, as well. Lastly, we are happy to confirm that mods on the Steam version will NOT be affected!

Saber

If they end up changing stuff unecessary and making stupid additions this gonna be a fucking loss. Thank god I still have the Sonic CD taxman version.

StereoVsn

Shitty but not surprising.

FYI for the Xbox crowd, Generations got both FPS and Resolution boosts. Runs at 4K/60 on SX and 1440p/60 on SS.

I picked it up on a recent sale when it was $3.99 or so.
Yeah, I have it on both Steam and Xbox and have a physical 360 copy, lol. All of these were dirt cheap.

Skyfox

My old Xbox 360 arcade versions of sonic 2 and sonic 3 won’t load anymore on my series x. They just crash straight away and close.

Am looking forward to my version of sonic generations doing the same next gen.

Therefore shadow generations can lick my nutsack.

Fortunately I have hard copies as well as steam versions. Eventually all serious collectors will need piracy backups as half the games these days won’t load without dialing home.

BlackTron

9/9? Sonic Generations isn't available to buy right now on Xbox. I should have grabbed it for conveniences sake during the recent sale. The fact that these games got boosts and Unleashed is only on Xbox made me want to consolidate there but whatever. Edit: Oh I see OP says it's still on Xbox, but only as part of bundles. Interesting, and weird...thanks for helping preserve the game? lol

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The 'bundle's is now live and they have the gall of charging $60 for 6 old games.

Reminder that before being delisted, the OG Sonic Generations was selling as low as $3.99 on sales.

Ridiculously greedy move on Sega's part.

SkylineRKR

Shitty but not surprising.

FYI for the Xbox crowd, Generations got both FPS and Resolution boosts. Runs at 4K/60 on SX and 1440p/60 on SS.

I picked it up on a recent sale when it was $3.99 or so.

Same, I think it was 4,99 euro, which is equivalent to the EU Pro price increase.

It runs flawless on Xbox. I bought Unleashed along with it which is only framerate boosted but is still a looker also (probably low key one of the looking games of that gen).

Top Bottom