• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Osama bin Laden sister and stepmother dead in UK plane crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/31/hampshire-fire-services-respond-plane-overshooting-airport-runway

The sister and stepmother of the former al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden were reportedly among the dead after a business jet crashed at a private airport in Hampshire and ploughed into a car auction centre.

Without confirming the identities of the victims, the Saudi ambassador to Britain, Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf Al Saud, offered condolences on the embassy’s official Twitter account to the Bin Laden family, a prominent Saudi Arabia clan with vast business interests.

“His royal highness Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf bin Abdul Aziz, the ambassador of the custodian of the two holy mosques to the United Kingdom, offered his condolences to the sons of the late Mohammed bin Laden and their relations for the grave incident of the crash of the plane carrying members of the family at Balckbushe airport,” he said in the tweet.

Air accidents have befallen the family in the past. Osama’s father, Mohammed bin Laden was killed in a plane crash in 1967. Mohammed’s eldest son, Salem, died when an ultralight aircraft he was piloting hit power lines in the US in 1988.

I remember reading they were quite wealthy. Did his family condemn what he did over the years?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Isn't his (extended) family super big?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I remember reading they were quite wealthy. Did his family condemn what he did over the years?

It's a large family, much of which is estranged or remote from one another. Osama had over 50 siblings; some condemned, some didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom