• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

O'Shea Jackson (Straight Outta Compton) to join Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Not confirmed yet, but I had no space left in the thread title to say "in talks to join". Apologies for any confusion.

Also, IT'S NOT HIS DAD ICE CUBE, IT'S HIS SON O'Shea Jackson Jr., who played Ice Cube in Straight Outta Compton. The struggles of thread titles, breh.

Source

”Straight Outta Compton" star O'Shea Jackson Jr. is in negotiations to join Legendary's ”Godzilla: King of the Monsters."

The movie already stars ”Stranger Things" stand-out Millie Bobby Brown, along with Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmiga. ”Krampus" helmer Michael Dougherty is directing the project from a script he penned with Zach Shields.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, and Elizabeth Olsen starred in the 2014 ”Godzilla" reboot, directed by Gareth Edwards. Sources tell Variety that Watanabe is the only original cast member likely to return for the second installment.

”Godzilla: King of Monsters" hits theaters on March 22, 2019, with the monster mash-up ”Godzilla vs. Kong" slated to bow the following year on May 29, 2020.

Lock if old.

Pretty cool to see the Straight Outta Compton guys In the monster universe. I don't know their real names, but the actors that played Dre and Easy E did good in Skull Island.

Sanjuro

I sat down to watch the Godzilla reboot, ended up only watching Cranston's scene when he was locked up.

YOU'RE LYING, JESSIE!

OymsQFV.jpg

Sanjuro

He killed that shit.

Yup. His performance killed it when they introduced Kick-Ass as his successor.

I still like the Godzilla movie. It's amazing how ultimately I feel the same about it as Kong, but they are polar opposites in approach.

Kong knew it had to be carney as fuck. I got shlocky Sam Jackson and a surprising strong narrative from John C. Riley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom