• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast Photo Mode |OT| It needs to be exposed

ibup7S8DbuhFsb.jpg

Similar rules to the Infamous and console photo threads:

1. 3 pictures per post
2. No double posting
3. Only use pictures YOU captured yourself
4. Photos from both Outlast and the Whistleblower DLC allowed

***THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR MAIN GAME AND DLC***

Tips for taking pictures in Outlast:

-While there's no 'photo mode' per say, like in Infamous: Second Son, the game lends itself very well to taking photos. All you have to do is hit the share button using PS4 (or the just take a screenshot using PC) and it will even remove the crosshair for you when you don't have the video camera equipped.

- Put the camera down! That way there's no HUD in the game to muck up your image, it gets rid of the color filter, and gives you better framing. Of course, feel free to post captures with the video camera equipped as well.

-You are the camera! So simply position yourself to get a good angle (crouching, climbing on top of things, etc.) and framing.

-Take advantage of the beautiful lighting and art assets in the game and go take some photos! Bonus points for snapping pics with the inmates.

If this thread gets enough interest, maybe we could do a photo contest similar to the one done for Infamous: Second Son as well.

I'll start with some of mine:
iZo3j5f6d28mU.jpg

iSjJZvDma74vZ.jpg

ibl6amrTBb8Pa4.jpg

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Was playing Whistleblower last night. God that game makes me jump a lot. Not really a spoiler but there's an outdoor segment early on in the DLC...Red Barrels needs to make a game that is fully outdoors. It would be the scariest thing I've played.

Was playing Whistleblower last night. God that game makes me jump a lot. Not really a spoiler but there's an outdoor segment early on in the DLC...Red Barrels needs to make a game that is fully outdoors. It would be the scariest thing I've played.

I haven't gotten that far in Whistleblower yet, but the outdoor sections in the main game were some of my favorite.

I have a tonne of pictures from playing the main Outlast game. It is so hard to choose from them all but here are three:

You can post more if you like! I have a feeling this thread won't be as popular as the Infamous photo thread. The rule is more to just keep people from spamming back to back posts full of pictures--so as long as you're not double posting you're free to post more of your pics!

You can post more if you like! I have a feeling this thread won't be as popular as the Infamous photo thread. The rule is more to just keep people from spamming back to back posts full of pictures--so as long as you're not double posting you're free to post more of your pics!

Okay, I'll have a good look through my screenshots later and post some more. It was a game where I spent so much time snapping pictures; the atmosphere and setting seemed to lend itself to this.

Okay, I'll have a good look through my screenshots later and post some more. It was a game where I spent so much time snapping pictures; the atmosphere and setting seemed to lend itself to this.

Yeah, it really is a beautiful game (ironic, considering the ugliness of everything it contains). Unfortunately the only pic I took in the main game was that one of the lamp at sunset, but I'm going to be taking a bunch of pictures throughout Whistleblower and putting them up here.

There's a photo mode?! Pc only I assume?

There is no official photo mode, however the option to unequip the camera in game, combined with the lack of HUD and the 'share button' feature that removes the crosshair from screenshots lead me to believe that the developers recognized the photographic potential of their game (as evidenced by the wonderful screenshots I've seen from the game).

So I created this thread to inform people of the ways to capture beautiful images in the game in the hopes it would foster a similar level of artistry and community you see in the Infamous: SS thread (even though this 'photo mode' isn't nearly as robust).

So next time you're playing the game and you see something pretty, snap a pic and upload it here!

There is no official photo mode, however the option to unequip the camera in game, combined with the lack of HUD and the 'share button' feature that removes the crosshair from screenshots lead me to believe that the developers recognized the photographic potential of their game (as evidenced by the wonderful screenshots I've seen from the game).

So I created this thread to inform people of the ways to capture beautiful images in the game in the hopes it would foster a similar level of artistry and community you see in the Infamous: SS thread (even though this 'photo mode' isn't nearly as robust).

So next time you're playing the game and you see something pretty, snap a pic and upload it here!

Ah ok. Some of these angles look like it featured the same mode as second son.

All from Whistleblower. Might do some old OG ones later.

I was accidentally playing with lower res textures, and didn't realize it until after I beat it. Thought the shots turned out ok anyway tho

I really like those, good use of contrast. I took a bunch of shots when you run in to the priest, if only because it's rare I get to add an interesting human character into the composition who is both alive, in good light, and isn't trying to kill me haha.

Make sure you take some snaps. There are so many great opportunities for screenshots.

It's true! Seeing all your shots reminds me of all the great scenes in the main game that I didn't take any screenshots at haha. The burning priest and when he's at the rainy window are both such great photo ops.

Just beat Whistleblower! It was fantastic, and everyone who enjoyed the main game should get it. I got so wrapped up in the climax though I forgot to take a lot of pictures unfortunately, but I'll probably go back at some point to take some. Here are a couple more from my trove of snapshots I took:
i6U0BIknZ5tHF.jpg

ivXrj4z9Y2Lr7.jpg

iDQa2CTPlSpNA.png

Some more. I love this game. That last shot especially was just one of the most cathartic feelings of relief I've ever felt.

Me as well, it's probably my favorite PS4 game thus far. Yeah, the catharsis was amazing, and was doubly welcome due to the fact the main game denied you any catharsis whatsoever. Red Barrles really nail the perfect atmosphere for each scene and environement, especially through the use of lighting. Dat sun.

Nemesis_

There were just NO WORDS for how I felt when I was running and ended up in the main hallway of the asylum and saw some light pouring through the windows. I KNEW I was close and I KNEW it was day time and I would be (hopefully) safe soon.

They did so well.

Top Bottom