• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlaw: Celebrating the Music of Waylon Jennings Tribute out on CD/DVD April 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

In 2015, an outlaw-worthy cast of artists influenced by Waylon Jennings came together in Austin to pay tribute to the country-music trailblazer. Now, those who weren't in attendance at the ACL Live at Moody Theater for the show can experience its musical highlights when CMT premieres Outlaw: Celebrating the Music of Waylon Jennings on Friday, April 7th. The special will also be released on a new CD/DVD package via Sony Legacy that same day.

Among the highlights: Chris Stapleton and wife Morgane performing "I Ain't Living Long Like This"; Eric Church sneering through "Lonesome, On'ry and Mean"; Willie Nelson and Sturgill Simpson duetting on "I Can Get Off on You"; and Kacey Musgraves crooning "The Wurlitzer Prize."

There's also a show-closing ensemble number of "Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)" led by Jamey Johnson, with Ryan Bingham, Musgraves and Church – who fumbles the lyrics after being distracted by Toby Keith ­­– each taking a verse. It's a sloppy but delightful interpretation of the 1977 song that originally appeared on Jennings' Ol' Waylon album. (Watch the performance above.)

Outlaw: Celebrating the Music of Waylon Jennings premieres on CMT at 10:00 p.m/ET on CMT and features appearances by Alison Krauss, Robert Earl Keen, Jennings' widow Jessi Colter and their son Shooter Jennings.

Here's the full CD and DVD track list:
1. "I Ain't Living Long Like This," Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton
2. "Mona," Jessi Colter
3. "Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line," Bobby Bare
4. "Ride Me Down Easy," Lee Ann Womack
5. "Yours Love," Lee Ann Womack and Buddy Miller
6. "Memories of You and I," Sturgill Simpson *
7. "The Wurlitzer Prize," Kacey Musgraves
8. "Freedom to Stay," Jamey Johnson
9. "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way," Robert Earl Keen
10."I Do Believe," Kris Kristofferson
11. "Rainy Day Woman," Ryan Bingham
12."Dreaming My Dreams With You," Alison Krauss
13."I Ain't the One," Alison Krauss and Jamey Johnson
14."Honky Tonk Heroes," Toby Keith
15."Lonesome, On'ry and Mean," Eric Church
16."Till I Gain Control Again," Willie Nelson
17."Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys," Willie Nelson and Toby Keith
18."My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys," Willie Nelson and Chris Stapleton
19."I Can Get Off on You," Willie Nelson and Sturgill Simpson *
20. "Highwayman," Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Shooter Jennings and Jamey Johnson
21."Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)," Willie Nelson and Full Ensemble
*Appears on DVD only

81BhF30NiyL._SL1500_.jpg

This looks awesome. Sturgill and Willie together? Chris Stapleton and Willie?

I found a Youtube video of the finale from the crowd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY451RVD0Rs

Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom