• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OutRun - Direct Feed Video from demo

Deku Tree

Outrun 2 looks incredible. Anybody have an approximate number on how many of those pyramid tracks will be in the xbox version?

Pug

Its a great little site. By the XBOX magazine UK gave it 9/10 its an unofficial mag and with the offiscial magazine giving it 8.5/10 looks like we have a decent rival to BO3. By the way the video is pretty neat.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I just watched the video. Despite having not ever played the arcade version, and just looking at different videos, I can tell I am going to love this game. The core play mechanics are based on the original game, which I am a huge fan of. Therefore it is a sequel that is right up my alley. Circuit tracks and taking hairpin turn at molasses-like speeds be dammed. These are tracks that I will enjoy racing on for a long time. The scenery is just so beautiful. And after having logged what must be over 10,000 hours of game time with the original game over the years, it's going to be like coming back to your home, to see slightly changed with a fresh new coat of paint and remodeled for the better. :)

KyotoMecca said:
Anyone else get really horrible playback on that video?

Not me. It ran OK on my PC. BTW Kyoto, can you give us a status update on your vids?

OmniGamer

mr2mike said:
Or that you haven't turned on generic MPEG4 support On in DivX..

ugh...

Tell me how por favor...playing xVid files ALWAYS crashes my media player...i have to convert the damn thing to divx with virtualdub in order to view it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
OmniGamer said:
Tell me how por favor...playing xVid files ALWAYS crashes my media player...i have to convert the damn thing to divx with virtualdub in order to view it.
Did you try installing ffshow ? Usually ffdshow just forces any XVID video to use his codec.

COCKLES

being watched
Been playing the demo today. It is truly a beautiful thing. After the GT clones and crap urban street racers it's nice to play a god damn unrealistic handling arcade racer...and Burnout 3 is supposed to be even better....Lions and Tigers and Bears!

Realism fans can take their GT4 and Enthusia and shove up their arses.

AND NAMCO!!! ARE YOU LISTENING?!?! WHERE IS OUR ONLINE RIDGE RACER!! WITH NO CRAP LICENCED CARS! CHEESY NAMCO PRODUCED TECHNO!!! AND 8 PLAYER POWERSLIDE MAYHEM?!?! I DEMAND IT!

u_neek

COCKLES said:
Realism fans can take their GT4 and Enthusia and shove up their arses.

teresa-kerry-inside.jpg

"Yeah, shove it"

(ps. I agree - realistic driving games suck - RRType4 is my fave driving game ever.. soo stylish)

Well I saw the vid... it seems a tad bit "different" from the arcade version... it's hard to describe. But it looks just as good and far exceeds my wildest expectations.

Top Bottom