• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panzer Dragoon Saga's eBay price seems to be devaluing...

Vark

hah, i paid 120 for a sealed version 4 years ago.

Sort of makes me wish I never opened it... but then I think its mean to buy a game you're never going to open..

DrEvil

not a medical professional
You know, if you buy a sealed copy, and presumabely never open it-... couldnt someone open the game, take out the discs and important stuff.. put blank discs / other game in there to give it the weight... then re seal it, and sell it as sealed?

I mean, if someone's that hard core to buy a sealed copy, they sure as hell aren't going to open it....

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
DrEvil said:
You know, if you buy a sealed copy, and presumabely never open it-... couldnt someone open the game, take out the discs and important stuff.. put blank discs / other game in there to give it the weight... then re seal it, and sell it as sealed?

I mean, if someone's that hard core to buy a sealed copy, they sure as hell aren't going to open it....

The collectors that are really hardcore can tell the difference between when something is factory sealed and resealed.

For instance, when NES, SNES, N64 games are sealed there is a seam that runs down the middle of the back of the box. If you buy a "sealed" game and there isn't a seam then it's been resealed. I'm not sure if *all* of the games shipped like this but it was my understanding that the vast majority of them did.

Slo said:
I bought my copy for $80 and sold it for $120. :D Game wasn't all that good, imo.
Best console RPG ever, IMO. I fortunately only paid $39.95, when it came out.

This guy chased after me and said, "That game is whack. It's just the first two Panzer Dragons together!"

ge-man

seismologist said:
I got mine for $39 used at Funco land

When was that? I've been hoping that I would get lucky and find a copy during one of my trips to Swap USA, the only place around these parts that still deals with a ride range of dead consoles.

It doesn't seem to be *that* much lower than it was when I've checked in the past, but yeah, it is lower now. Maybe demand for it is finally being met by supply? If that's the case, my chance to get one for a more reasonable price might be approaching soon.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Blimblim said:
Can you believe a friend of mine got his copy of PDS in exchange for a meal at Mc Donalds ? Sick.

I'm lovin it.

How exactly did this idiot trade a copy for a McD's meal? There has to be some backstory to this

I've said it a million fucking times, but I'll say it again, Panzer Dragoon Saga is the best RPG EVER.

Everything in that game is totally perfect: the story, the music, even the graphics are pretty damn good considering the system it's on. And it's the only RPG where I actually enjoyed the battles and leveling up.

Fularu

Banned
Blimblim said:
Can you believe a friend of mine got his copy of PDS in exchange for a meal at Mc Donalds ? Sick.
I got mine in exchange of 3 silver psx games ;) PAL edition of course, the best one ;)

ge-man

Considering that Sega has really jumped into the whole compilation craze, I think a PD set would be welcomed. I'd pay a pretty penny for a commerative set with art work and a soundtrack disc.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
goodcow said:
Um... explain...
Well he had someone coming to sell some games, one of these being PDS (PAL). They went to get something to eat at the Mc Donalds not for away and my friend being the nice guy he always is paid the meal for both of them. The guy told him then that in exchange he's get one the games for free. He took PDS...
That was 6 months ago btw.

i had PDS, I sold it for $150...

not sure what i paid for it, as I bought a whole shitload of saturn stuff for $200-300, which included PDS, a white modded japanese sega saturn, 4meg ram cart, pocket fighter, memory cart and a few other things...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if i wasn't such a fan of the rest of the series, i'd sell my copy in a heartbeat. gorgeous soundtrack, nice battle system, has the decency not to last 50 hours, but otherwise it's roughly as useless as...virtually every other jrpg ever made. wahey.

if you're going to spend $80-$100 on a saturn game, make it battle garegga or sengoku blade.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I got my copy of PDS with a collection of 17 other Saturn games (which included another big money title in Shining Force III) for a combined total of about $220.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I'll bet you Sega does secret reprints for this game and Sega higherups use hundreds of E-bay alias's to make tons of money :D

I'm glad I sold my disc-only PDS for $115 a couple months ago. Some girl on eBay bought it as a birthday present for her boyfriend. I almost felt bad selling it for that much when I got it for $50 and she probably got have gotten it for less with manual and case, but oh well :p

Yusaku

I sold mine a few years ago for $180.

It just shows how irrational some people are. It's a great game, and one of the most unique RPGs I've ever played, but anyone who pays more than $70 or so is just nuts.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
seismologist said:
I got mine for $39 used at Funco land

Ha, me too. Is yours mint like mine is?

On occasion, I toy with the idea of hocking it on eBay but I don't know if I'd ever be able to do it. I know I'd regret it almost immediately.

Honest question: if Saturn emulation was up to par, would this game fetch ANYTHING?!

I'm really not flaming, I'm just saying. I would love to play the game, legit or otherwise, based on all the things I've heard about it.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Saint Cornelius said:
Honest question: if Saturn emulation was up to par, would this game fetch ANYTHING?!

SNES emulation is perfect and a lot of Square RPGs still go for pretty high.

It is truly a wonderful game. I wish more people would play it instead of trading it. A port or remake on a modern console would be nice, particularly as there were parts of the game where it tried to do more than the Saturn hardware would allow (I remember in some of the more detailed areas of the town it slowed to a crawl).

Unfortunately, the Megaman Anniversary Collection (as poor as it may be compared to what could have been) is not likely to be something that many other companies attempt. Perhaps just a remake/port of Saga, as that is the only game I would play much anyways.

RiZ III said:
I can't understand how someone could sell this masterpiece.

Seriously. I've almost sold my Saturn on a number of occasions, but Saga is the main reason why I've never been able to go through it.

john2kx

mod your saturn.

i don't normally endorse or encourage piracy, but is it our fault sega only decided to make 5,000 copies of the game?

and then they go and print that annoying ad on the back of magazines.. (you know, the one with the mask)..

Yusaku

john2kx said:
mod your saturn.

i don't normally endorse or encourage piracy, but is it our fault sega only decided to make 5,000 copies of the game?

and then they go and print that annoying ad on the back of magazines.. (you know, the one with the mask)..

Quoted before inevitable edit.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I got this game for 8 dollars a few weeks after it came out..

I left at least 7 copies sitting on the shelf :(

For my money, the Saturn is still the best system I have ever owned.. so many really great games.. its a shame it was such a massive flop :(

goodcow

john2kx said:
mod your saturn.

If it were 5,000 copies, with the vast number of people keeping their copies forever, we woudln't see the trade volume there is on eBay. I really believe the total number after the numerous printings is 40,000.

pds-ad.jpg

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
RiZ III said:
What that ad is saying:
"Thanks for the support through the past few years. Now bend over."

Genius.

Hello everyone by the way. I'm new.

cs060mk2

Thats just sick. Perhaps the fanatic NeoGeo people are beginning to collect Saturn and jack the prices up. You can stick to your jumbo size toy carts and jack prices up on those!

ge-man

jenov4 said:
Wasn't this game included as an unlockable in Panzer Dragoon Orta (xbox) ?

That was the first Panzer Dragoon. I believe the main reason they did it was because they already had most of the code available. It was ported to the PC a long time ago.

Zwei and Saga are still only available on the Saturn.

Top Bottom