• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario 2 Japanese Impressions? Anyone?

Eric-GCA

Banned
I must have missed any discussion about this game, other than the daily sales charts I've seen being posted, but aren't there a couple of people here on GA whom actually reside in Japan who might have played the game yet?

I havent really seen any detailed impressions about how the game plays, how long the game is, if the story retains the humor in the original and what was in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga?

Yeah, I know the game won't be out here in the west until October, but I'd still like to hear if Intelligent Systems made another gem. :)

Eric-GCA

Banned
that thread didn't really go into too much depth on the game, other than giving spoilers which I didn't want to read.

Even John_tv was asking for some information but no one accomodated his requests, oh well.

There was a thread somewhere that I put some brief impressions into.

Basically, it's freaking awesome. Gameplay is very close to the first Paper Mario, but now there's just a lot more - more powers to use in battle with more unique timing-based 'Action Commands' to up your damage; more things that Mario can turn into; more puzzles to solve in the levels; more variations in the gameplay from stage to stage.

And more Super Bowser Bros. The story is pretty much hilarious and genuinely interesting. I can't wait to see the English version.

It took me about 40 hours to beat the game, and there's still more to be done - there's quite a few sidequests that I haven't finished yet.

Deku Tree said:
It'd be nice to have a spoiler free thread with PM2 impressions.
Everybody's definition of a spoiler is different. Any truly spoiler-free impressions would basically be no impressions at all. If you don't want to know anything about the game, don't enter any thread where it's mentioned, ever.

Deku Tree

Kobun Heat said:
Everybody's definition of a spoiler is different. Any truly spoiler-free impressions would basically be no impressions at all. If you don't want to know anything about the game, don't enter any thread where it's mentioned, ever.

Good Point. And I thanks for your impressions. My definition of a spoiler, I guess, is a plot spoiler.

Top Bottom