• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario 2 .. Sales prediction

NWO

almokla said:
Is it doing good or bad so far?

Its #5 on Amazon.com behind San Andreas, Halo 2, Halo 2 Limited Edition, and Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed Expansion Pack.

And its #1 on EB Games figures for the week of Oct. 10th through Oct. 16th.

So I'd say its doing pretty well.

Broshnat

Banned
With the absolutley dire state of gaming at the moment, it'll probably struggle to top 150k in it's first month, whilst cr*p like Tony Hawks, Need For Speed, Madden, wrestling games, etc etc sail past a million again.

Alcibiades

NWO said:
Its #5 on Amazon.com behind San Andreas, Halo 2, Halo 2 Limited Edition, and Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed Expansion Pack.

that might be an indication, or it might be totally off...

I sometimes track those lists, and they are always pretty off-base from what ususally happens, because so many title purchases at regular stores are impulse decisions, different from online shopping, where the people usually have something in mind, and are probably going to be more dedicated gamers purchasing that casual consumers...

NFL 2k5 should have another fantastic month, but that's not what amazon.com would show...

Either way, I think if Crystal Chronicles could do 250,000 in Feb., no way this does less than that, I'd say this does easialy 1.5x what that did, and with the holidays approaching, maybe even more...

bitwise

Banned
NWO said:

not really a good indicator, wasnt katamari damacy #1 on that list for a week as well?

and that wasn't exactly a huge seller.

SantaC

Broshnat said:
With the absolutley dire state of gaming at the moment, it'll probably struggle to top 150k in it's first month, whilst cr*p like Tony Hawks, Need For Speed, Madden, wrestling games, etc etc sail past a million again.

gaming sure is different these days...

Why is this even a topic? Hasn't anyone looked at the box art? It has a gold seal that says Best Seller! Anyways, +1 from my purchase today. Oops, that's right, ToysRUs doesn't count. -1

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
bitwise said:
not really a good indicator, wasnt katamari damacy #1 on that list for a week as well?

no, it wasn't. You're thinking of the best sellers tab, which doesn't really mean anything.

Title-BestSellers-On.gif

Available Now
PlayStation 2 PS2
Paper Mario GC
ESPN NFL 2K5 PS2
Katamari Damacy PS2

Coming Soon
GTA: San Andreas PS2
SWG: Lightspeed PC
Halo 2 Limited Ed XBX
Halo 2 XBX

ravingloon said:
Why is this even a topic? Hasn't anyone looked at the box art? It has a gold seal that says Best Seller! Anyways, +1 from my purchase today. Oops, that's right, ToysRUs doesn't count. -1

Toys R Us DOES count, Walmart does not :)

NWO

bitwise said:

No your thinking of something different see the post above this which explains what your talking about.

New weekly charts and its #2 on EB Games figures for the week of Oct. 17th through Oct. 23th.

Its also moved up to #4 on Amazon.com just behind San Andreas, Halo 2, and Halo 2 LE.

Top Bottom