• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Hilton "in talks" to star in Dungeons & Dragons 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040622c.php

The hotel heiress turned megastar Paris Hilton was on radio (plugging "The Simple Life 2: Roadtrip") this morning on Kansas City talk station 710 KCMO and said she might be returning to Australia to do another film, announcing this just weeks after wrapping up a several week stint in the Dark Castle horror flick "House of Wax" currently filming in Queensland.

Apparently she's in talks for a lead role in the sequel to the abysmal 2000 film "Dungeons and Dragons". While it may have bombed, the sequel is drawing an unusually large amount of high profile attention and talent who believe that in the right hands, the property could still yield a viable film franchise.

Joel Silver is the producer on this and 'Wax', and the first 'Dungeons' star Justin Whalin is said to be on board too. Allegedly she impressed Silver enough to snag a role in this next one too, saying in her usual playful manner with the media - "Sounds like fun, I'll get dirty", alongside all the usual statements about what a great time the film should be to do.

Thanks to 'RC'

*snicker*

FnordChan

You know, I didn't think there was a way to make a Dungeons and Dragons film suck any harder than the original, but it looks like I was wrong. Thanks, Hollywood, for going that extra mile!

FnordChan

calder

D&D is the reason I pray no one ever makes another 'guilty pleasure' movie thread. My true feelings would almost certainly get me shunned forever.

Mason said:
The original was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Please do not make a sequel.

Usually crappy movies make me laugh, the first D&D movie wanted me to destroy somethin real bad... This movie was pure garbage....

UGhhh.

Belfast

Geezus, why don't they just make a movie from the canon storylines of Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance or something? Why does it just have to be generic D&D?

Belfast said:
Geezus, why don't they just make a movie from the canon storylines of Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance or something? Why does it just have to be generic D&D?

Agreed.... I'd prefer Ravenloft :D

And the wanna be Darth Vader , Lord Soth.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
The CGI dragon-on-Paris action sex tape should be surfacing any day now. Let's face it, she's gotta do that anytime she wants some media attention. It should be in the trailer!

explodet

bob_arctor said:
Best thing about the original was Thora Birch's tig ole bitties.
That, and the scenery chewing by Jeremy Irons.

LET THEIR BLOOOOOOD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNN FROM THE SKKKKYYYYYYYYYYY

Tenguman

Wolfy said:
This is a disgrace to RPG fans everywhere.

Like the first D&D wasn't?

And just how disgraceful can RPG fans get? :p

Also, read these two quotes together as one paragraph for a laugh....
the sequel is drawing an unusually large amount of high profile attention and talent who believe that in the right hands, the property could still yield a viable film franchise.

the first 'Dungeons' star Justin Whalin is said to be on board

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
"LIGHTNING BOLT!"

What a winner that movie will be, might as well co-star Britney Spears as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom