• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patapon 3 |OT|- Daft Punk ain't got nothin' on these beats

Kaldea

Takao said:
You can download MediaGo (for Windows PCs) and input the code there. It'll just stay on your download list for you to download when you get the full game.
I'll look into it, thanks!

Takao

Banned
Okay is anyone on Proving Grounds and Crescent Moon? I'm really not caring for this situation. I'll capture all the flags on my side, the middle, and one of theirs but still lose because my army may die despite the quest's rules just requiring you to have a higher score. I'm also not liking how their Uber Hero revives when the player's doesn't.

Edit: I can't read. The goal of the quest is to survive the 5 minutes with the most occupied land. Player Uber Hero's can be revived after a minute or so of death.

I will be on after 5PM EST tomorrow guys! At this point in the PSP's life cycle, in NA at least, I'm not surprised by the maybe lack of MP players. =/

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Takao said:
What are you playing? I got a bunch of people in co-op.

got a bunch of level 9 guys and i search for hideouts and get nothing, leave my hideout open on team for 30 minutes and nothing

Takao

Banned
xir said:
got a bunch of level 9 guys and i search for hideouts and get nothing, leave my hideout open on team for 30 minutes and nothing

Huh, that's a bit weird. I've been finding hosts pretty easily. Though right now I'm playing story mode solo.

BooJoh

Important question:

In the demo, there was no way to choose who you play online with, it was completely random. So the only way to play with your friends was to both start at the same time and hope you get randomly matched with each other.

Does it still work the same way, or can you actually choose who you play with now?

Salaadin

Takao said:
Okay is anyone on Proving Grounds and Crescent Moon? I'm really not caring for this situation. I'll capture all the flags on my side, the middle, and one of theirs but still lose because my army may die despite the quest's rules just requiring you to have a higher score. I'm also not liking how their Uber Hero revives when the player's doesn't.

Edit: I can't read. The goal of the quest is to survive the 5 minutes with the most occupied land. Player Uber Hero's can be revived after a minute or so of death.

Im stuck there right now. Im just trying to hold my ground but every time with about a minute left, the enemy pulls some crazy shit where the screen turns all blue and a giant patapon appears in the background and then they destroy my team with some mega blast thing. Im not liking this at all. I cant seem to dodge it no matter what I try.

EDIT: Got it barely but its over.

BooJoh said:
Important question:

In the demo, there was no way to choose who you play online with, it was completely random. So the only way to play with your friends was to both start at the same time and hope you get randomly matched with each other.

Does it still work the same way, or can you actually choose who you play with now?

It seems somewhat compatible with Ad-Hoc Party but I haven't had much time to test it.

BooJoh

KibblesBits said:
It seems somewhat compatible with Ad-Hoc Party but I haven't had much time to test it.
I take it that means the online is still just as broken as in the demo, and you're resorting to AdHoc party to play with friends online? This isn't a solution, the friend I want to play with doesn't have a PS3.

BooJoh said:
I take it that means the online is still just as broken as in the demo, and you're resorting to AdHoc party to play with friends online? This isn't a solution, the friend I want to play with doesn't have a PS3.

My PS3 is not a wireless connect. I have no idea what the online infrastructure is like.

Ken

Got an email from Amazon saying my preorder is delayed until May, and now they have a 2-3 weeks shipping estimate on the Patapon 3 page. Maybe I'll just get it off PSN.

Anyone know if there is a way to not have to scroll through the Online Terms of Use agreement every time before you play?

Loving the game so far. Enjoyable as always.

I'd love to see this go massive by porting to the iPad/iPhone/Touch or...shocker. The PS3.

SUCH a wonderful game.

bigdaddygamebot said:
Anyone know if there is a way to not have to scroll through the Online Terms of Use agreement every time before you play?

I have not found a way to pass it either. Pretty damn annoying.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mmm... Seeing as I still haven't bought the UMD version, maybe I'll wait for the price drop to $10. I just wanted a bigger Patapon 2 :(

Takao

Banned
While I can see why those who liked Patapon 1 and 2 wouldn't like this game, I'm enjoying it a lot more than the first two. I've found it to be a lot more user friendly than the others.

I really can't say I agree with some of these low scores. The weird thing is that none of them are incredibly consistent with each other. Some mention it losing it's simplicity and being to complex. Others say the opposite. It's definitely more an RPG than the other two games and I'm enjoying it much more. It's really a side scrolling rhythm action RPG dungeon crawler now. I actually find it more accessible and of greater simplicity than the other two games. Trying to min/max your team of four is great. I'm just having a lot of fun overall so far.

Ferga

Patapon 2 was definately the best patapon for me

I mean, you could craft your own soldiers and when you got one of those legendary winged ones, you felt like a boss. Patapon 3 feels like the franchise went backwards

But patapon 3 is still a good game

Really disappointed in this game. Music, presentation, story (lol) and mechanics are so much worse than anything from 1 and 2. You can't craft armies, you don't even get to pick your own troop composition beyond very rigid options. No mini games, every element has been dumbed down so much. And by far the worst offence in a a combat game like this is enemy attacks that are out of sync with the beat or take place off screen. Overall this game lacks any of the charm of the other two and i definitely don't feel it was worth the price. Shame on me for jumping in based only on my appreciation of the other two.

warpaint

just grab this today, now all i need to a working PSP... how can a PSP have no charge when i've not played it in 2 week and it was charged when i last played it. tell me that? now i need to find the cgarger.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wow, I never realized that they dropped the ball so badly with this one.
I was about to come in and express a mirthless chuckle over the fact that this OP is DEAD despite this one actually having received a (US) retail release, but damn. Not been reviewing all that well at all, eh?

Shame.

Takao

Banned
Mejilan said:
Wow, I never realized that they dropped the ball so badly with this one.
I was about to come in and express a mirthless chuckle over the fact that this OP is DEAD despite this one actually having received a (US) retail release, but damn. Not been reviewing all that well at all, eh?

Shame.

It's the best game in the series. Famitsu agrees with me as well.

West just hates JRPG antics.

Takao

Banned
Mejilan said:
Uh... Famitsu. Yeah.

It's SCEJ.

SCEJ ain't got no money. <3

Though I have to say, a huge chunk of my fun is coming from local multiplayer sessions with my friends. Game has been a blast.

I'm playing this one off and on. Really enjoying it.

This game haunts me even after I shut off the PSP. I can still hear the chants of the Patapon marching ever forward. Pata-Pata-Pata-Pon my friends. Pata-Pata-Pata-Pon.

Ken

Is it supposed to feel really grind heavy? Been trying to level up but it takes hours just to go up a level. Never played P1 & 2 but I heard those were pretty grindy.

Ferga

Ken said:
Is it supposed to feel really grind heavy? Been trying to level up but it takes hours just to go up a level. Never played P1 & 2 but I heard those were pretty grindy.

yeah p1 and p2 were grindy but I honestly didn't feel like i was grinding because you could vs bosses and get some materials to make better patapons for your army.

This one felt really grindy because all you get are equipments and most of the equipment you get after grinding a level is a lot worse than the equipment you have on

RedSwirl

Ferga said:
yeah p1 and p2 were grindy but I honestly didn't feel like i was grinding because you could vs bosses and get some materials to make better patapons for your army.

This one felt really grindy because all you get are equipments and most of the equipment you get after grinding a level is a lot worse than the equipment you have on

So P3 is still really grindy? Shit.

ElyrionX

So the game continues to be grindy *AND* lost all the charm of the first two games?

Wow. Leave it to Japanese developers to come up with a great idea and utterly fail at execution. P1 and P2 were great games except for the whole grindiness of it all. Why do Japanese developers seem so attached to the concept of grinding in games>

Top Bottom