• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC won't connect to wireless network...HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've had this issue for a while now and I've just put up with it. Now that I have a PS4, having to swap the Ethernet cable between my PC and PS4 is becoming a pain.

The main issue is that I can't connect to my wireless network from the PC, all other devices (ipad/phones etc) work fine. The wireless connection is established but I'm getting 'no internet access' under my wifi connection status. I swear this issue only popped up after a used and then uninstalled Spotflux (a VPN service) about 8 months ago. Now I'm stuck with a massive cable running from the modem/router to the PC and I need to get this sorted.

Any ideas? I've done factory resets of my modem/router, checked ipv4 settings are set to auto etc. I'm all out of ideas.

Have you tried going to device manager and seen the status of your wifi adapter to make sure that there are no updates available for the drivers or that there are no defective components

Hasney

If it was after SpotFlux, I'd check if there are new drivers for your wireless adaptor, uninstall it from device manager and then reinstall the newest drivers for it.

8bit

Knows the Score
Completely remove the wireless adapter drivers and reinstall.

Also check if Spotflux messed up your wireless network settings with forced DNS or somesuch. I found traces of a wireless network that I haven't used in 3 or so years logged somewhere in a Windows 8.1 setting that seems to have been tied to my MS account.

Run CMD.

Type ipconfig /release
Wait a sec.
Type ipconfig /renew

Type ipconfig /flushdns

Close CMD and open properties of your wlan adapter. If everything isn't blank and set to automatic then blank it out/set to auto. If it is, try 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 for your DNS.

OHHHHH SHIIITTTTTT!!!

You guys are legends, not sure which advice actually fixed the issue, but I uninstalled-reinstalled the wireless adapter drivers and flushed the dns settings. It's finally working. Much love ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom