• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCB Kit allows consoles to be played in arcade cabinets.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I was just surfing around and bumped into this. It's a neat kit that allows you to use your home consoles as an aracde Jamma setup. They even provide driving, gun and fishing controlls to connect your Xbox, GC, PS2 or DC...

Link

Connection%20of%20PS2%20Guncon.JPG

GC%20B%5B1%5D.S.%20linkup.jpg

Connection%20DC%20%20Duel%20Shock%20Gun.JPG

Connection%20of%20DreamCast%20Driving%20kit.JPG

xboxlys.jpg

leke.jpg

Pretty cool stuff. I wonder where Dropframe is...

I've been looking for something like this. Since my lazy ass hasn't built one yet despite having all the parts, this will work nicely. Although it seems sorta limited. Like the game has to support it based on their eeprom chip. Maybe it's not exactly what I want, but I'm willing to give it a shot. My only question is, how much is it and how do I order it? I can't seem to find that info on the link.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Marty Chinn said:
I've been looking for something like this. Since my lazy ass hasn't built one yet despite having all the parts, this will work nicely. Although it seems sorta limited. Like the game has to support it based on their eeprom chip. Maybe it's not exactly what I want, but I'm willing to give it a shot. My only question is, how much is it and how do I order it? I can't seem to find that info on the link.

I think they said you can send them the disc and they'll make eeprom chip for you out of that then they'll mail it back to you or buy it from you.

What I really wanted was just a board where I can plug in an RGB signal and add some interface so it will work with the monitor and sticks. This makes it so it has to be compatible based off an EEPROM which sorta sucks. I just want to be able to hook up any console I want and play any game I want.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, i'm with Marty. The whole EEPROM operation stunts this things usabililty, quite why they couldn't simply map the coin buttons from the JAMMA finger board to select and start is beyond me.

I decided to stop collecting arcade boards because the feckers take up too much space and cost a great amount, so went down the Jpac and Arcade VGA route and converted my old PC to be a mame box. That works pretty well and the two bits of kit you need are cheap and easy to install (and very little fecking about with config too).

I'm guessing this is because this IS actually for use in dodgy arcades where you can stick arcade perfect clones into machines without people knowing.

I got some info out of that place tonight. Their response is pretty quick in e-mail.

Here are some prices

Super Converting Mother Board - $110
PS2 Kit - $20
Gamecube Kit - $25
Dreamcast Kit - $20
Xbox kit - $40

Then there are prices for the various guns and wheels.

Also it looks like if the game isn't in eeprom, then you can set it to some sort of timing mode for a game that isn't recognized. This might be an ok solution. It would be great if someone could figure out how to program the eeprom to do something that's more flexible. I've looked at the pics, and I'm wondering, if you got the GC kit, and wired up the controller input correctly, why would you need a PS2 or Xbox kit at all? I'm hoping my theory is correct. Cuz then you could just rewire it so that you're plugging an RGB signal in rather than component. If you can do that, then you can hook up any system.

isamu

Marty Chinn said:
I got some info out of that place tonight. Their response is pretty quick in e-mail.

Here are some prices

Super Converting Mother Board - $110
PS2 Kit - $20
Gamecube Kit - $25
Dreamcast Kit - $20
Xbox kit - $40

Then there are prices for the various guns and wheels.

Also it looks like if the game isn't in eeprom, then you can set it to some sort of timing mode for a game that isn't recognized. This might be an ok solution. It would be great if someone could figure out how to program the eeprom to do something that's more flexible. I've looked at the pics, and I'm wondering, if you got the GC kit, and wired up the controller input correctly, why would you need a PS2 or Xbox kit at all? I'm hoping my theory is correct. Cuz then you could just rewire it so that you're plugging an RGB signal in rather than component. If you can do that, then you can hook up any system.

Interesting. Did they mention how much the wheel nd pedal set costs and if it has force feedback? I want to use an FF wheel on me xbox.

The complete wheel, pcb, eeprom, etc is $130. Doesn't matter though with Xbox since you won't get force feedback on the system anyway since the games aren't designed for it.

Gek54

Marty Chinn said:
Doesn't matter though with Xbox since you won't get force feedback on the system anyway since the games aren't designed for it.

Damn it Isamu, how many times has this been explained to you?

;)

Top Bottom