• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCgamer US Half Life 2 score....

DSN2K

98%

best game ever. :)

"Valve has forged the framework for the next generation of games, demonstrating what our medium can and should be able to accompolish"

"An exhilarating entertainment that can emotionally move you one moment, kick ******* the next, and keep you immersed the whole time."

Pros - "Everything: Graphics, plot, gameplay. Its what experts have been predicting for this medium"

Lows - "Squadmates sometimes get in your way; low res textures in huge outdoor scenes"

it seems like the wait may have been worth it. :D

ManaByte

Gold Member
Source engine >>> you

However, Source's water reminds me of Unreal Engine 1's water for some reason.

Mashing

PC Gamer said:
Lows - "Squadmates sometimes get in your way; low res textures in huge outdoor scenes"

That's it, I'm not playing it. What good is exceptional gameplay if there are low res textures in the outdoor environments...

BOMB BOMB

belgurdo

Banned
I can't for the month after everyone has played it so that we can read 60 topics consisting of whining about everything in the game

Mrbob

belgurdo said:
I can't for the month after everyone has played it so that we can read 60 topics consisting of whining about everything in the game

It's not gonna happen. There will be some defectors, but on a whole, I think the love for this game will be quite high.

I'm hoping Half Life: Source is available the same day as Half Life 2. I really want to play through the first one again, uh, first. Then go through HL2. And I want to do it with all the shiney source graphics.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
This is exactly what I've been expecting of Half-life 2 - a game that sets the standard for the future of this genre. And in an excellent way too.

Hooker

Kiriku said:
This is exactly what I've been expecting of Half-life 2 - a game that sets the standard for the future of this genre. And in an excellent way too.
As much as I like this to become true, I don't think many developers have that much money to spend (plus time, which equals money).

HL2 + Steam cost them well over 5 years and 40+ million bucks.

Top Bottom