• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence hires outside counsel to deal with Russia probe inquiries

Tovarisc

Yeah, so far Pence's only problem seems to be he lied about what he knew, but that happened in media interviews, not under oath, so there's no perjury case.

Pence's main mission in all of this (which he seems to have failed) was to keep himself clear of the stink of Trump and his associates so that if the worst came to pass and Trump needed to be removed, he could step in relatively clean and the furor would die down. He was never in any real legal jeopardy though.

I bet Mueller is looking into why Pence lied about what he knew and when he knew it.

I just want you all to think about the struggles Paul fucking Ryan will inevitably go through trying to get Trump's fanbase energized to like him as POTUS the way they love Trump.

That deep state putting in work

giphy.gif

Did Al Gore ever have to hire outside counsel? Really interesting that the special counsel has been asking the VP questions too. Love it.

Get fucked.

Edit: Looks like Gore didn't when Bill was undergoing his investigations and impeachment.

Unison

Yeah, so far Pence's only problem seems to be he lied about what he knew, but that happened in media interviews, not under oath, so there's no perjury case.

Technically, perhaps, but as the lead of the transition team that appointed Flynn he's right in the line of fire if people start talking/flipping.

Tamanon

Banned
Did Al Gore ever have to hire outside counsel? Really interesting that the special counsel has been asking the VP questions too. Love it.

Get fucked.

I imagine since so much happened during the transition that Pence led, he'd certainly be a target of the investigation.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, sounds like what innocent people do! /s

If there was no wrong doing they would just let it all out. That is why I think there is fire. They way these people are acting something is up.

Pence's main mission in all of this (which he seems to have failed) was to keep himself clear of the stink of Trump and his associates so that if the worst came to pass and Trump needed to be removed, he could step in relatively clean and the furor would die down. He was never in any real legal jeopardy though.

I think half of it was the image/stink stuff you are talking about, and half of it is that Pence doesn't want the FBI and IC to have any reason to start looking into what shady shit he may or may not have done.

I mean I'm sure Pence is no where near as shady people like Trump, Flynn, Manafort, etc., because he was comfortable at least showing his own tax returns without hesitation, but I doubt he's clean as a whistle. I'm guessing he's as complicit as Paul Ryan is in the sense that he didn't literally take part in the deals with the Russians but he fucking knew about everything that was going on.

The question is whether there is any recording of Pence admitting that he knew what was going on.

Top Bottom