• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State to celebrate child rape enabler's football anniversary this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took indifference to serial child molestation and the subsequent cover-up, but Penn St. managed to make Miami fans (all three of them that show up at games) look like model citizens. That's how awful the culture (especially w/ the alumni) in Crappy Valley is.

I hate Joe Paterno.

Before Paterno, I was gleefully, willfully ignorant of the fact that "winningest" is a word.

Fuck. Winningest? Who comes up with this shit?

Despite the implication there, the willingness to overlook Joe Paterno largely comes from the Penn State fan base and alumni (which include plenty in media and former pro athletes) and not so much football fans at large.

I found great pleasure in watching Matt Millen cry many times since the PSU scandal thing broke years ago.

Such as....? I can't think of how a rational person could ignore years of child molestation and a systematic cover-up to preserve the football program.

well by rationale I mean admitting that the school has a bad history/problem surrounding this whole thing

there are surely students and alums who don't like the way the majority (or vocal minority?) are behaving

spookyfish

The challenge is between making crazy fans angry by dumping JoePa and making normal people angry by celebrating him.

No surprise they're leaning towards the crazy fans since those are the people buying tickets.

Truth. Too much riding on those butts in seats.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"None of these allegations about the supposed knowledge of university employees has been substantiated in a court of law or in any other process to test their veracity," Barron said.

You literally only have this job because the last guy stepped down due to his involvement, which got him an indictment. You might want to at least add "Yet" to that sentence.

You literally only have this job because the last guy stepped down due to his involvement, which got him an indictment. You might want to at least add "Yet" to that sentence.

Yeah, when your predecessor is in club fed for his role in a massive cover-up.

Maybe don't try and act like you squeaky clean.

I don't care if you cured both cancer and AIDS: if you enabled a child rapist, you should pay a hefty price.

I mean, not to take away from your point, because it was all over fucking football, but if someone cured all cancers AND AIDS? I'd probably let them get away with quite a bit. Not sure where that line would be, but it'd be different than Paterno's.

Despite the implication there, the willingness to overlook Joe Paterno largely comes from the Penn State fan base and alumni (which include plenty in media and former pro athletes) and not so much football fans at large.

This is true, but I have little doubt this cult-like mentality would manifest itself in many sports fandoms.

I mean, not to take away from your point, because it was all over football, but if someone cured all cancers AND AIDS? I'd probably let them get away with quite a bit. Not sure where that line would be, but it'd be different than Paterno's.

Rest assured, that line would be well before raping children.

Cagey

Banned
This is true, but I have little doubt this cult-like mentality would manifest itself in many sports fandoms.
No doubt it does. The overlap that poster was looking for was "angry at Kaepnerick yet defending Paterno = white football fans" but any overlap between those two positions really hinges on ties to PSU.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If I ever have kids, Penn State is the one college I refuse to send them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom