• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perhaps the worse $100 I ever spent...

Mofo

Ok, so I went on a game splurge today... a very bad game splurge. I picked up these two "gems":

245102.jpg
244270.jpg

Ok, yes - I should have known better. But against my own judgement I laid down 100 bones for these two turds today. Here's a few quick impressions:

Get On Da Mic: K. Revolution you are not sir, I say good day. So horrible I don't know where to start. You really need to know every nuicance of each song to be able to get in the green so to say (you're scored wit cash money yo) The text scrolling is horrible. Other than that it's whats to be expected. Might be fun in a party experience - but hey, at least it came with a logitech mic - whooohoo!

Robotech Invasion: This should have been 20 dollars. As is, it's a horrbily boring shooter that could pass as a first gen PS2 game. As mono as is gets and not enough polish. Even for a Robotech fan I would say pass until this hits the cheap. Cel shading would have at least helped spicen up the lackluster maps... ugh. Dissapointing.

I did play a little Live - and am still not impressed... reminds me of Soldier of Fortune 2 when that hit XBox. This one might go back tomorrow... or hit eBay.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
You have some questionable buying skills. May I suggest a Gamefly account w/ a side of mod chip?

Mofo

It's one of those moments that I look down at my receipt and ask "What have I just done?!"

Oh well, back to MK and such.

Meier

Seriously, i cant imagine anyone buying either of these let alone both at the same time. Crazy.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Seriously, that's worse than waking up next to a fugly chick. Then you could at least sneak out unnoticed and would still have the 100 bucks in your pocket.

EDIT: make that 200 bucks if she was REALLY ugly

Matt

Mofo said:
Robotech Invasion: This should have been 20 dollars. As is, it's a horrbily boring shooter that could pass as a first gen PS2 game. As mono as is gets and not enough polish. Even for a Robotech fan I would say pass until this hits the cheap. Cel shading would have at least helped spicen up the lackluster maps... ugh. Dissapointing.
Take-Two can BURN IN HELL! How in the world did they do worse with the licence then the former TDK Mediactive?

Meier

Wait I just noticed the title said perhaps. HOW COULD THIS BE A PERHAPS?! What could possibly be worse?

Mofo

Meier said:
Wait I just noticed the title said perhaps. HOW COULD THIS BE A PERHAPS?! What could possibly be worse?

I have bought some pretty horrendious things in the past... from late night informercials to Mickey's Magical Mirror for the Cube.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Mofo said:
Superman 64... yeah, I bought that too... it's a disease gentleman!
So do you enjoy more the pain of playing them your self or the pain you can cause others by making them play? Do you have a safe word?

Ranger X

Can you tell us what's your library of PS2 and Xbox games? I mean, you got us all very curious. We try to understand you so we can sympathize later. ;)

Man seriously, in written on those box all clear: "Do not buy or rent ever". Look closely.

Joe

from now on it'll be very rare that i spend $50 on a game. my next and last game for a long time that i'll pay full price for is halo2.

*thinks about the last $100 he's spent on games*

Katamari Damacy - 20
ESPN NBA 2K5, PS2- 15
Silent Hill 3, PS2 - 10
Hot Shots Golf Fore - 40
Space Channel 5: SE - 15

Hmm... Trade ya straight up for Get On Da Mic! PM me!

Lil' Dice

Banned
Let's see if i can come up with an adequate analogy for what you just did....hmmm:

Ok, it's like you ordered a plate of dog shit from some obscure restaurant in India, then yelp "Fuck, this tastes like shit!" after the first bite....then you tell everyone around you "Hey! Don't eat the dog shit...it tastes like shit!"....

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Alex Anderson said:
*thinks about the last $100 he's spent on games*

Katamari Damacy - 20
ESPN NBA 2K5, PS2- 15
Silent Hill 3, PS2 - 10
Hot Shots Golf Fore - 40
Space Channel 5: SE - 15

Hmm... Trade ya straight up for Get On Da Mic! PM me!

Are you joking?!

Mofo

I guess I should mention that I can still return these - so I'm safe - didn't know it would be such a contraversy ;)

Top Bottom