• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

akascream

Banned
I HATE it when books have CD's in em. How the hell am I supposed to flip the pages quickly with that CD poking into the pages? You can try and remove the CD, but even the case is usually intrusive!! Sometimes I'll try and tear it out, but if you have a paperback book, you can ruin the back cover and maybe even the binding. I don't think I have ever used a CD that came with a book. The tyranny MUST END.

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
my pet peeve is intelligent people purposely speaking in ebonics. it really pisses me off.

And skater punks. "OMG I GOT THIS SHIRT @ HOT TOPIK ITS TEH KEWL! IM DIFFERENT!!!11

aoi tsuki

* Restaurants that put meat (usually pork here) in damn near everything. The "Chinese" restaurants here put pork in their hot and sour soup which isn't too uncommon, but wrapping egg rolls in bacon?! WTF?!

* People that won't try new things. i can't even count how many things i cook or buy that people at work think i'm crazy for eating (eggplant!!@#!&*). Hell, the guy that worked in the meat department at Kroger was scared to cook fish. Almost every time i go grocery shopping, someone asks me about something i have in my cart, which is no problem; i'm glad they're at least curious. But a lot of times it's the people that work there, which leads me to wonder why they don't just try something different every now and then. Would it really kill people to spend a few dollars on something they might actually like more than the stuff they normally shovel down?

* Local women. They're either taken, jailbait, Christians, or just undateable. The dateable ones (based solely on appearance) have significant others who treat them like crap because of their own insecurities, and when they do breakup, they'll either get back together because the guy said some lame shit about how much he misses and loves her, or she'll just replace him with another worthless prick. Would it kill women to have any self-worth here?

* People who follow political leaders blindly, in this case Bush. When we got the new Clinton book in, people were adamant about telling us how much they hate him, and that we needed to take his poster down because it was upsetting them or made them sick. When i asked why they hated Clinton, aside from getting a look like i had just raped their dog, they'd say because he lied, or he cheated on his wife. Big fucking deal. Are you electing a political figure or a moral figure? They never mention that they hate him because of his use/misuse of his powers are president. On the other hand, people "love them some Bush", but they never mention why...

* People who won't throw things away. i'm not talking about people that keep the last five years of TV Guides, but those who don't throw empty bottles, wrappers, boxes, etc. away.

* Contemporary Christianity. i don't follow the Christian faith, but i was raised in it and comtemporary Christianity (based on what i've seen) is a load of crap. This isn't just a problem with CCs, but so many people follow it now (especially here) that it's a focus of my peeve. Churches spend tens and hundreds of thousands on studios and broadcast equipment that may contain the words "Jesus" or "He is great" or whatever. i was watching some video of a local concert where people were moshing and at the end a minister gets on stage in blue jeans and a Jesus t-shirt and says "Praise the Lord for that wonderful performance!" These are the some of the same people that lie and cheat others, are racist and homophobic, but because of their one hour on Sunday, they'll supposedly be in heaven rocking with God and i'll be in hell.

In general, my experiences that past 18 months in this hellhole that i live in. i didn't mean to turn this into a rant, but i feel a little better now.

Alucard

Banned
Bad drivers. Here are some specific examples:

-People who drive in front of you and then BRAKE for no reason.
-People who are just too damn slow.
-People who will brake first to slow down and then at the last second will decide to signal their turn. (especially annoying on service roads)
-People who don't use signals.
-People who take more than 2 seconds to hit the gas when the light turns green.
-People who omit yield signs and side swipe you, causing you headaches with your insurance company who want to give you very little for your car which has now been written off and then it becomes more of a headache worrying about how you're going to afford a good used car when all you really want to do is save your money for school and have a car that doesn't need a fucking mechanic every 4 months.

The last one was a little personal.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
BMXXXTREEME teenies who think wheelies, bunny hops, trick nuts and riding with no hands are brand new discoveries. Similarly, angst ridden, caked-on eyeliner sk8r goths who think by wearing baggy black clothing and dying their hair, are being different - like the umpteen generations of 'misunderstood' teens before them.

SU FUCKING V OWNERS

*High fives MAF*

SI-Abe.gif

slayn

needs to show more effort.
people that question why I don't smile every day, and say stupid shit like, "it takes less muscles to smile than to frown." Yeah, thats why smiling is a chore. Would your ather use more or less muscles trying to lift something heavy? A frown is the face of the lazy, not the sad.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I hope this doesn't make me sound like an uptight Midwesterner, but I hate it when people curse for no good reason. It's one thing to tell a driver to fuck off and die if he cuts you off on the freeway, but what's the point of calling a movie fucking stupid just because you don't like it very much?

To put it another way, I don't like it when people use "fuck" and "shit" as descriptors instead of using an actual word.

fenekku-gitsune said:
I hope this doesn't make me sound like an uptight Midwesterner, but I hate it when people curse for no good reason. It's one thing to tell a driver to fuck off and die if he cuts you off on the freeway, but what's the point of calling a movie fucking stupid just because you don't like it very much?

To put it another way, I don't like it when people use "fuck" and "shit" as descriptors instead of using an actual word.

IAWTP. Especially in front of children. Fucking morons :p

-Radio Stations that have seemingly the same 10 songs on rotation.
-People that play these radio stations in public, so you can't escape them. Haven't these people heard of cd's yet?

Nester

When I used to work at Perkins a long time ago, there used to be a guy that would come in every night. He'd order a pitcher of ice (no water, just cubes) and pour a glass. He'd then proceed to chew every single cube, and then smoke a cigarette. Pour another glass of ice, chew it all, and smoke another cigarette. Usually went through 3-4 pitchers of ice a night.

So now, anytime anybody chews ice loudly I get pretty annoyed. Probably in the same vein as when anyone that smacks their food instead of closing their mouth to chew.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
People who say "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less". Drives me insane.

Actually it's more noticeable online, I guess people say it fast enough normally for me to miss it.

People who get pissed off when I curse loudly and frequently. First, it's just fucking words: GET OVER IT. Second, don't give me a reason to fucking curse.

People who get pissed when I use Ebonics. If a pasty whiteboy thirty-something software engineer wants to act all street, it's not YOUR fuckin' dizzeal, hizzolmes. Word.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Mama Smurf said:
People who say "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less". Drives me insane.

Actually it's more noticeable online, I guess people say it fast enough normally for me to miss it.

I recently watched an anime episode where the subtitles said could care less. Pisses me off as well.

Xenon

#1 People who chew when they are on the phone.

#2 People who light up in car without asking. (except when its their car... though it still bugs me a little)

#3 People who show up to a movie 3 minutes before its starts and have the balls to stand there and look pissed because they cant find a good seat.

Pet peeve threads and people who fail the Pepsi challenge!

I forgot Pasty white boy 30 summmat sizzoftwizzare ezingizinezeerz who act street.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
People who get pissed off when I curse loudly and frequently. First, it's just fucking words: GET OVER IT. Second, don't give me a reason to fucking curse.

People who get pissed when I use Ebonics. If a pasty whiteboy thirty-something software engineer wants to act all street, it's not YOUR fuckin' dizzeal, hizzolmes. Word.

Biatch

Chony

Political/religious debates, I mean come on.

People eating cereal has to be the most disgusting thing ever. I personally love to eat, but there has to be no one around, and I can't be around people who eat cereal.

People who argue for the sake of arguing.

Mumbles

People who wait until the last instant, and then try to get in front of me. Annoys me in all situations, but *especially* when I'm on my bike, and they're on foot. Hey, idiot, I can't stop on a dime, and if I hit you, you're going to die.

People who can't step over the controller cord when I'm playing video games. And then they want to look at me like it's my fault that they're clumsy.

Fanatics in general. Religious, political, gaming, if you won't listen to reason, then shut up.

People who don't cover their mouths and noses when they cough or sneeze. That's just disgusting.

scrawny women who can't walk anywhere without stomping their feet.

And yeah, people who swear in front of children. Show some class.

Fucking egg and cheese on salads. I'd shank the fucker, who came up with the idea, given the chance.

I also never got the deal with fajitas. Why the fuck do I want to pay to go out, but then have to put together my own fucking dinner?

Leon

Mama Smurf said:

Dude, I saw "could care less" used so much online that I started thinking it may actually be the correct expression even though it didn't make any sense.

As for my pet peeve, it's drivers of shitty cars revving their engine and speeding off when they see a crowd. They expect us to do what exactly? Cheer? Dance while screaming "ROCK ON!"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom