• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials co-star Dylan O’Brien might have thought his played-out joke about Native American burial curses would provoke laughs during a recent appearance on Live With Kelly and Michael, but a possible PR migraine for 20th Century Fox resulted instead, after O’Brien’s admission that he and other cast members looted Pueblo artifacts while filming scenes for the movie in New Mexico last year. Now a Care2 petition is demanding an apology from the cast and crew, as well as the return of anything stolen.

O’Brien said: “They gave us this big speech when we got there to shoot, and they said, ‘Don’t take anything. Respect the grounds.’ They were very strict about littering and don’t take any artifacts like rocks, skulls — anything like that,” he said. “And everyone just takes stuff, you know, obviously.”

As of this writing, the petition has received 23,777 signatures.

More at the link.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/petition-demanding-apology-from-scorch-trials-cast-gets-23000-signatures-1201567888/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsEnu67sDrU

Dennis

Banned
O’Brien said: “They gave us this big speech when we got there to shoot, and they said, ‘Don’t take anything. Respect the grounds.’ They were very strict about littering and don’t take any artifacts like rocks, skulls — anything like that,” he said. “And everyone just takes stuff, you know, obviously.”

Fucking assholes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's like Colonialism Lite.

tumblr_ntpv9d5ews1urnzejo2_500.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The deadline article says

O’Brien’s admission that he and other cast members looted Pueblo artifacts while filming scenes for the movie in New Mexico last year.

Yet the rest of the information in the article has O'brien talking about people in the movie's crew taking stuff and jokingly saying they might have a curse on them.

I can't watch the video right now, can anyone confirm this?

DrBo42

The band wagon doesn't give you permission to be an asshole thief.
S...someone is stealing assholes?

I'm sure there will be a big apology on behalf of whatever studio this film is releasing for etc. Probably a donation to a related cause etc. Will be pretty by the numbers and insincere like Hollywood itself!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Yet the rest of the information in the article has O'brien talking about people in the movie's crew taking stuff and jokingly saying they might have a curse on them.

I'm not sure what you're asking lol

The crew stole a few artifacts, some got sick including Dylan - the curse.

Hope that answers your question.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

He said they falls ill after taking the stuffs

Mariolee

C'mon Dylan O' Brian. I like you. :(

He's probably exaggerating or kidding, but yeah it's insanely disrespectful to loot obviously, so it's weird he'd even bring it up in public.

lednerg

Sounds to me like he was making a joke. He was asked about why people were getting sick on set @4:33. Like Kelly immediately picked up, there's an old trope from movies, books, Brady Bunch, etc about cursed artifacts. It makes no sense to me that he would seriously be admitting that they stole stuff from the sites.

Pluto

After months of whining that he wasn't cast as Spider-Man I'm now glad it didn't happen, what an asshole!

- J - D -

That remark has the cadence of a joke when said aloud.

You know, the kind that implies no truth to its supposed claims.

But surely people understand that.

Dalek

This generation keeps denying they're part of this generation!

What a shitty cast and crew. I can't believe they'd do that let alone brag about it on live tv.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Wikipedia said:
Born: 26 augustus 1991

They were very strict about littering and don’t take any artifacts like rocks, skulls — anything like that,” he said. “And everyone just takes stuff, you know, obviously.”

I think there's a misprint in his Wiki, because this is the behaviour of an 8 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom