• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
Its extremely common for props to go missing from sets after shooting wraps up.

I'm willing to bet in this case people didn't realize the importance and high value of the artifacts they were taking. They may have thought they were just taking movie props.

That doesnt excuse people stealing stuff in the first place but could hopefully mean people will come forward with what they've taken, explaining their error.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Its extremely common for props to go missing from sets after shooting wraps up.

I'm willing to bet in this case people didn't realize the importance and high value of the artifacts they were taking. They may have thought they were just taking movie props.

That doesnt excuse people stealing stuff in the first place but could hopefully mean people will come forward with what they've taken, explaining their error.

They were told not to take anything. They did know.

lednerg

That remark has the cadence of a joke when said aloud.

You know, the kind that implies no truth to its supposed claims.

But surely people understand that.

Yup, that's what I'm saying. They didn't actually steal anything. Watch the video starting at 4:33. He's asked why people got so sick on set and so he makes a joke about stealing cursed artifacts, which is a very old trope. I don't get why people are taking this seriously.

I thought he did. "Oh, I did, I was one of them, yeah." when Kelly was like "It's a good thing you didn't!".

He was talking about getting sick, not taking anything. And I honestly don't know if he was serious about the comment of them taking stuff or he was just messing around because people got sick.

Monocle

Yup, that's what I'm saying. They didn't actually steal anything. Watch the video starting at 4:33. He's asked why people got so sick on set and so he makes a joke about stealing cursed artifacts, which is a very old trope. I don't get why people are taking this seriously.
Let's start an online hate campaign just in case. Destroy this young man!

Irminsul

Because senseless outrage is the raison d'être of some people.

I mean, that's pretty obviously a joke.

dity

It's all the curse. The curse is making them joke about it while they're really selling artefacts on the black market. Classic ancient buriel ground possesion.

I'll go on the record for not caring one way or another. If people were in a position to steal anything, I would have assumed from the start that some did so maybe that blunts the outrage.

They are going to get cursed as shit, so I will not feel bad for their misfortune.

He never actually said that he personally took anything. He did say he got sick though.
Yeah, it sounds like royal we overall. He should have told them to respect the native's wishes though.

Zombine

Banned
I'll go on the record for not caring one way or another. If people were in a position to steal anything, I would have assumed from the start that some did so maybe that blunts the outrage.

It has to do with respecting the land and obeying the rules set by those in charge, and they completely disregarded what was said. This isn't taking a movie prop, it's like going to a cemetery and taking an urn because "lol why not?"

museum.gif

Lilith

Yeah well, “boys will be boys” and “he’s young” apologetic shit won’t work here. No justifications. That action was completely on purpose.
They did know they shouldn’t steal and what did these
dumbfucks
do??

Disrespectful imbeciles I call that.

lednerg

Are there people in charge of the site who have called these people out for doing anything wrong? (No.) Is it at least possible that this guy was making a joke on a talk show and nothing actually happened? (Of course.)

Why on Earth would A) they be told not to steal shit and B) they would steal shit and C) he would talk about them stealing shit on television? Are we living in a cartoon world or something? Nothing actually happened.

Asshats.The same sort of people who go to Yellowstone, ignore all the rangers repeatedly saying "don't bother the bison because they will fuck your shit up" and then get gored.

zeopower6

Are there people in charge of the site who have called these people out for doing anything wrong? (No.) Is it at least possible that this guy was making a joke on a talk show and nothing actually happened? (Of course.)

Why on Earth would A) they be told not to steal shit and B) they would steal shit and C) he would talk about them stealing shit on television? Are we living in a cartoon world or something? Nothing actually happened.

They've been talking about it since like a week or two ago. Someone did take something. I dunno why they think it's okay to talk about it in interviews but w/e. One of the actors took an arrowhead home as a souvenir for his mom.

Was anything actually taken? You'd think anyone in charge of the grounds they were filming on would have noticed and called attention to this a year ago. This just sounds like a tasteless joke to me.

What compels people to do shit like this?

I still haven't forgotten about that boy scout troop that destroyed a 20 million year old rock formation in Utah just for kicks. Like, why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom