• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita Import |OT| Save This World With Your Own Hands, For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Element isn't horribly important, though if you have a choice light seems to be the most common weakness. More important are the affixes on the weapon; I imagine a combination of Vol Soul and Power 3 is popular considering the price both fetch in Myshop.

I'm guessing Vol Souls is the yellow border with some type of yellow sun picture?

Sorry, this game is like looking at the McDonald's picture menu for me.

Do it. The guides help, but the translated text works better than flipping back and forth.

The guides, and my brother (PC patch) are a pain.

Bro : What level do you need to do?
Me : How should I know?

The problem is my PC doesn't have a desk, is sitting on the floor, isn't close enough to the modem, and doesn't have a wireless adapter.

I'm sure people have realized by now but the servers are now down for scheduled maintenance - the first since the Vita version's launch. The maintenance started at 9 PM EST and ends around 3 AM EST.

Daylight savings time starts in the US over the weekend so next week's maintenance will be at Tuesday 10 PM EDT through Wednesday 4 AM EDT.

Ramune

Thanks for your help StarCreator! I think I did have the desert level unlocked, just though it was the city for some reason. Anyway, did an awesome run on that level JUST before the servers shut down. Perfect timing!

kiyomi

Quick question. I followed the Bumped guide in signing up for a SEGA ID, but I'm having a problem when I try to login for the first time (complete newbie here). I can put in my SEGA ID and password, but then I get what looks like an error message, with the number 678, which I googled. Apparently I'm supposed to get 3 emails when signing up? One for the initial email validation, one confirming your SEGA ID registration, and one specifically for PSO2? I haven't received the last one and was wondering how I can go about rectifying this.

I could've sworn I followed the guide to the letter and registered for PSO2 when signing up, but I haven't had the email. Can anyone help? Thanks. :)

Z3M0G

Sorry, but would like to ask... how does the game perform on Vita? Is it satisfying for those who have played on PC? (I played PC version for a few weeks.)

Quick question. I followed the Bumped guide in signing up for a SEGA ID, but I'm having a problem when I try to login for the first time (complete newbie here). I can put in my SEGA ID and password, but then I get what looks like an error message, with the number 678, which I googled. Apparently I'm supposed to get 3 emails when signing up? One for the initial email validation, one confirming your SEGA ID registration, and one specifically for PSO2? I haven't received the last one and was wondering how I can go about rectifying this.

I could've sworn I followed the guide to the letter and registered for PSO2 when signing up, but I haven't had the email. Can anyone help? Thanks. :)

You're basically going to need to login in on the website and complete another captcha then you should be good.

I had to do the same.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

AFAICT, that's the unregistered user error. After making your SEGA ID you have to register it for the game.

PSO2-service-register.png

Okay Problem solved. First you need to log onto Sega Id Site

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=sega

Log in and get pass the Katakana captcha. Then you come to a page of links like diva.net and others. Use google translate to figure out which one is the PSO2 registered service link, click it then i think another page pops up, click agree, then problem.

Use Google translate because it helps some.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196099

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I always forget to post mine, guess that's because of my general attitude to referral links crystallized over the past few years by the referral spam for f2p browser games on other forums.

But PSO2 is another thing!
My ID is 10077436 !

casmith07

This game is one of my most anticipated releases for the Vita over here.

They say that it's coming, along with Android, iOS, and PC versions in the United States. Man, I cannot freaking wait.

I know I'll give myself way too much of a headache if I try and import and play it in Japanese.

Ramune

Pretty much as I thought. I could've sworn I registered for the game. :/

Thank you both.

I had a similar error when I was linking my Sega ID to my JP PSN. Turns out.....I.....DIDN'T type my Sega ID in small caps. Two letters were capitalized, and the game doesn't like that. So if you did register, even getting email about PSO2 updates, try that. I couldn't believe it!
:p

Wonko_C

They say that it's coming, along with Android, iOS, and PC versions in the United States. Man, I cannot freaking wait.

I know I'll give myself way too much of a headache if I try and import and play it in Japanese.

Where did you hear that? As far as we know, only the PC version has been announced for US release.

As a first time player, what character class should i choose or are they all beginner friendly?

I'm still waiting for the play-asia restock to ship but when i get it, i'm thinking for my own benefit and others, i'll take screenshots of the menus and have my wife translate them.
Then put them up on a website using this compare image plugin: http://www.class.pm/projects/jquery/classycompare/ (his demo version is busted in chrome for some reason but it normally works). ie you see japanese menu image and rollover to see english menu image.
Then try and link up the menu screenshots on the website as if you're navigating the game.

Killthee

As a first time player, what character class should i choose or are they all beginner friendly?
Ranger is probably the easiest one followed by Force and then Hunter. It doesn't really matter though, every character can freely switch classes by talking to an NPC. If you don't like one playstyle just visit the counter and give one of the other 2 a try.

What drops in that white day mission? I got to have 3 runs last night of it, but I was only 27 at the time so you get nothing.

I'm assuming 7 star armors as there was a bunch for 1050. I bought like 3 sets last night.

VariantX

Only the PC version has been announced for the west. Other than that, Sega has said virtually nothing about the game since the western version was demoed at pax last year. At least we know it officially exists in some form I suppose.

kiyomi

I always forget to post mine, guess that's because of my general attitude to referral links crystallized over the past few years by the referral spam for f2p browser games on other forums.

But PSO2 is another thing!
My ID is 10077436 !

Done!

My own ID is 11955330, Ship 02, if any new signups want to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Ramune said:
had a similar error when I was linking my Sega ID to my JP PSN. Turns out.....I.....DIDN'T type my Sega ID in small caps. Two letters were capitalized, and the game doesn't like that. So if you did register, even getting email about PSO2 updates, try that. I couldn't believe it!
:p
I was already prepared for that! Turns out I missed a checkbox, silly me. :p

I played for about an hour-two hours today, I didn't really get very far since most of that was spent making sure I wasn't making a huge mistake anywhere. I played the first couple of missions solo since I had a little trouble understanding on how best to find a party that might accomodate new folk, and I just wanted to play. Had some fun with it, and then jumped into a completely random party that seemed way beyond my level, which was pretty cool. I did accidentally step into an arena where I was alone and fighting two enemies that I wasn't ready for. Let's just say that did not end very well.

Completely lag free experience so far as well, which is really nice. Looking forward to understanding more and playing it over the weekend.

decaf

For clarification, before I pop out and buy it, if I get the physical release it'll work just fine on my Vita that's connected to my European account?

Killthee

What do you guys think of this for my end build?

Obviously this wouldn't include gear, but I'm kinda going with this.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...fGO2XIdcK00006
That looks like a bad build, but I haven't played since November so things might have changed since then. IIRC Barta was broken; few enemies are weak against it so you don't get much from dumping points into that tree compared to the other two trees, freezing and freeze ignition by extension is useless when everything dies so quickly/breaks out of ice, and photon flare is just too deep into the tree causing you to waste a lot of points.

You would be better off focusing on Zonde cause lots of enemies are weak against it, it has a great AOE effect when you charge it with sazonde, and more importantly it's the one tech you can spam quickly once you max out Bolt Tech PP Save+PP Charge Revival.

As for your Techer build, I'd dump T-ATK, PP-Up, and the support buffs in exchange for 1 point in each tech type (+5% damage boost), PP Restore which works great with Bolt Tech PP Save+PP Charge Revival, and if you still wanna play the support role dump 1 point into Territory Burst so your techs actually hit your comrades. I'd also probably dump some points into the megid tree cause those poison ticks hit hard. The reason for dumping T-ATK is cause 50 T-ATK is not worth 10 points, use your mag to buff your T-ATK. As for the support buffs they weren't that amazing last time I played so I wouldn't waste too many points in them and PP Up is just a complete waste at the price of 1 point per PP.

Here's a rough outline of my build: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/sk...000ib0000kbIk2XdFjcAcA00084OdqIbfdsI2cFIe0008

doesn't work...

Well, the goal is to max flare 1 and 2 and gain access to T-atk 2 for force

For techer, its all about maxing shifta and gaining access to T-atk 2 as well
To summarize my advice, you just don't get much out of dumping so much into T-ATK. You'll get to equip higher lv stuff faster and your techs will do some more damage, but you won't be able to spam your techs and you'll be doing a lot of weapon attacks to recharge your PP.

kiryogi

Banned
I must have been in the wrong block or something. Tried doing the White Day EM just half an hour ago. Only like 4-5 people around, ran into 2 Quartz Dragon and a Dark Ragne. That was absolutely WTF.

Killthee : I changed my build up some because of some of your suggestions. While I do think that flare could be ridiculous, I do like the idea of casting more spells before I'm out of PP.

I'm going for the increased PP restoration with my techer and the PP save with lightning. I really hate spending points for light magic and resta (techer) but i think the additional 40% would be a huge benefit.

I do think the recharge PP while charging techs is probably the best passive ability I can have. My MAG ability is completely useless because if I'm charging, I don't get PP even if my robot is recharging me.

Killthee : I changed my build up some because of some of your suggestions. While I do think that flare could be ridiculous, I do like the idea of casting more spells before I'm out of PP.

I'm going for the increased PP restoration with my techer and the PP save with lightning. I really hate spending points for light magic and resta (techer) but i think the additional 40% would be a huge benefit.

I do think the recharge PP while charging techs is probably the best passive ability I can have. My MAG ability is completely useless because if I'm charging, I don't get PP even if my robot is recharging me.

See, this is why you build the fire tree :3 It -can- recharge PP while holding a charge.

Reknoc

My copy arrived today :D

Played around, though just did Free Forest to ease me in. Controls nicely and makes good use of the Vita's touch screen to make up for lack of buttons. Chatting seems kinda awkward though, as does picking stuff up. I also need to figure out how to change R from toggle to hold.

Level 30 force, 30 Techer :D

my brother grinded my wand to +9 today. My talis broke on 7 and I can't get it back up there (9*). I'll keep throwing money at it until I can use the red set.

I should be able to start playing on PC this week when my package arrives.

If you have some cash, you can use the success chance boosters.

Aren't they pretty expensive? What's the highest percent increase? I tried a 5% once and it broke anyway on 5 (different weapon).

Got my Talis to +7 again. I figured if I had 2, the game couldn't screw me as hard. I was mostly wrong.

I would love to get my 8* wand to +10, but I'd be so butt-hurt if it broke right now. I think I'll wait till I can use that Red Wand.

Holmes

Hey guys. Trying to sign up my Sega ID ahead of when I get the game, which should be any day now. I put in the email address that I want to use, and I get this message.

エラー(027)
ネットワークエラーです。SEGAID管理ページ(http://gw.sega/jp)からお問い合わせください。

Anyone know what the problem is? Google Translate tells me it's something about a network error, but I dunno?

Killthee

Ramune

I signed up just fine, although I used a JP Hotmail address.

On the subject, there was an update for the Vita version today. Any idea what it adds?

Killthee

I signed up just fine, although I used a JP Hotmail address.

On the subject, there was an update for the Vita version today. Any idea what it adds?
I don't think they posted patch notes yet. They should be posted here here in the next few hours.

Reknoc

Am I crazy? I swear when I played this game on Monday it didn't have the controllable light ball during loading, but when I played it yesterday it did.

So this game is coming to the West (US/EU) via PC and the Vita? Says so on the PSO2 website.

?

The website makes no mention of the Vita version as far as I can see. It is coming to the PC though.

Tailzo

Am I crazy? I swear when I played this game on Monday it didn't have the controllable light ball during loading, but when I played it yesterday it did.

?

The website makes no mention of the Vita version as far as I can see. It is coming to the PC though.

I hope it does come to vita at some point. I don't think there is any chance I'll take the time to sit in front of my computer to play it. Grinding while going to work is possible though.

I hope it does come to vita at some point. I don't think there is any chance I'll take the time to sit in front of my computer to play it. Grinding while going to work is possible though.

I'd say there's a chance if they are already going to translate everything and a Japanese version on vita exists.

I'll be happy either way, but would love to have it on the vita in english

Grinded my 2 9* Talis to 9 and pulled the trigger twice to get one to 10 :D

Going to try to get the other to 10 as well (currently +8)

I think someone from here was trying to contact me on ship yesterday. Chances are you were talking to my brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom