• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminous Opening

I like it. A definite improvement over the original J-Pop opening theme. Having just bought PSU for 360 last month I'm really excited for this. The game is a blast online; screw the haters.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Sega is going to uncap the levels to 90 soon just for this add-on

kiryogi

Banned
lol. guessing you hit the cap. I've been playing pretty causally and left off around 76. Finally got to lvl 80+ in AoI. I doubt xp will be that friendly in the real deal, but it sure is nice :D

On a side note, surprised no one else has commented. Everyone was crazy on mocking the first video.

Dyne

Jesus I can't wait for this. I stopped PSU around january and just picked it up again as soon as I saw AoI stuff. It looks great. It really does look like the game we should've gotten originally.

kiryogi

Banned
Perhaps, but i think they're seriously playing the nostalgia angle on us here. First Ragol, now this song? XD

jobber

kiryogi said:
Perhaps, but i think they're seriously playing the nostalgia angle on us here. First Ragol, now this song? XD

PSO remake with new weapons...

I want an episode 2 remake :\

Baron

Is this game even going to be released in the States? It came out in Japan, what, last week? This week? I actually have a Jpn region PS2 now, and was thinking of importing it. Will it be a waste of $60+? It sounds like a pretty sweet update. I haven't touched anything PSO since I stopped playing the second revision released for Dreamcast way back at the tail end of 2001.

kiryogi

Banned
It just out out in japan today. More than 90% of the importers im playing with are pretty pissed at play-asia right now. I managed to luck out and order one of the last pc copies NCSX had. :D WE WILL CHOOSE TO FIGHT!

jobber

it came out in Japan this week and yes it's coming to the US. Gamestop had it listed for a November release. I will be getting it. Warning to other PSU players, you can only carry over 1 character for free. You have to pay for every other character you currently have and want to move over.

Baron

jobber said:
it came out in Japan this week and yes it's coming to the US. Gamestop had it listed for a November release. I will be getting it. Warning to other PSU players, you can only carry over 1 character for free. You have to pay for every other character you currently have and want to move over.

What do you know, they do have it listed after all, right here.

kiryogi

Banned
Lets try this again. Guessing no one saw in the other topic, but I got more goodies here too!

My copy of AoI!

aoi.jpg

Some screenies, now widescreen edition! Also with some emotion!

aoi1.jpg

aoi2.jpg

aoi3.jpg

aoi4.jpg

aoi5.jpg

Also, we finally have a glimse @ the finale for episode 2:
http://www.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu7014.jpg

Finally, maybe this might even be more enticing for old fans!
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/AoI/Death_Palace_-_AoI_Version.mp3

One really neat thing too for PSO players, as you know they added the just attack system. Well AoI takes it another step by actually giving you a flash of an indicator that sounds exactly like hard attacks in PSO :D

Tenbatsu

Never play this game only PSO. This time round are there any interesting enemies? Like Delsaber, Panarms or Bringer? Shit forgot the name, the horse man enemy.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I stopped playing cause the USA PC servers are so fucking dead. I was going to go the xbox servers but I cant stand the fucking slowdown. My account is still active tho. If the PC ervers get a nice boost I may come back.

john tv

Did they fix the game with this or is it still garbage?

I don't even have the heart to mock the opening anymore -- they totally destroyed a fantastic series with the trash that was PSU. :(

MrDaravon

john tv said:

I don't even have the heart to mock the opening anymore -- they totally destroyed a fantastic series with the trash that was PSU. :(

FLEABttn

Banned
john tv said:

I think PSU is the only game I've ever ligitimately purchased where I wished I had pirated it.

Oh, how I miss the feeling PSO gave me and oh how Sega ruined it from happening again.

jobber

kiryogi please tell me Gibbles is in the game!

I need to level up some more.

I played PSU every day for a month in August. Got to level 82 then got lazy. I went up 1 level the whole month of Spetember.

I've ran missions over and over and just got a Halarod board I can't use -_-

hopefully the 1Up Cup missions can change my shitty luck

I also have over 1.6 mil...not enough to buy S-Ranks

jobber

Tailzo said:
lower the price and I'd start playing again.

you could always make a shit load of meseta and sell it on ebay!

yes people do that.

kiryogi

Banned
Jobber: No sign of gibbles yet. Only PSO things right now would be the Boomas and Grass Assassins. Lots of swaps though... to the the least. Also based off a little more dismantling fo the PS2 game, looks like all 4 of the ragol areas are in at least. You should be able to make big bank with the 1up cup and probably reach the level cap.

John_TV, SailorDaravon: What do you hope is fixed here? And don't say everything.

At least enjoy the "Death Palace" track guys, theres gotta be phantasy star 2 fans in here.

Top Bottom