• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Labs' cancelled Project Dragon/Everhaven: Minecraft + Stardew Valley + PLAYABLE FAUNS

darthkarki

A while ago it was reported there were major layoffs at Pheonix Labs, developer of Dauntless and Fae Farms, and that in-development projects had been cancelled. It wasn't revealed at the time just what exactly those projects were, but recently several of the devs have been sharing more about one of them: Everhaven, a.k.a. Project Dragon. Apparently once their attempts to save the project internally were officially dead, they were allowed to start sharing their work publicly:

Since then, Nicholas and others have been sharing all kinds of concept art and in-game assets for the game. Which I thought was cool and have been enjoying, but then I saw this - an early version of the character creator:

YOU COULD BE A FAUN! Fully customizable! I mean, there are other races too (plant person, cat person, dragon person), but come on. Who doesn't want to create a custom faun? I now officially weep for what could have been.

Here's a video overview of the project with other early gameplay clips:

Check out Nicholas on X along with the hashtags #ProjectDragon and #BringBackProjectDragon for lots more.

Top Bottom