• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT4| Aw yiss. Motha. F*ckin. Reposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An udder is more like it.

So it is a four-nippled boob.

jw2U9vbNc2l5K.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I know I'm very late with this, but the pneumatic post was invented by the Scotsman William Murdoch, who worked for Boulton & Watt as an engineer, he invented all kinds of shit, including a steam powered car, worked on gas lighting etc. He was a pretty awesome engineer (lot of those people at Boulton & Watt) and all around technical person - he was hired by Boulton when he noticed that the hat he came to the interview in was made of wood, he made it on his home made lathe. He also demonstrated a working steam-powered car model to Boulton before 1800, but since Watt's original patent was in force and Watt didn't like high pressure (non atmospheric) steam engines (he thought they were dangerous - which was pretty understandable considering the manufacturing problems he had with his own atmospheric engine (only one shop in all of England was capable of the necessary accuracy needed for the bores on the work cylinder, he had to waste years on creating the first working engine because of this issue)) which was needed for locomotion, Boulton met him when he was on the way to the patent office and talked him out of patenting his idea.

Anyway. There were city wide networks of pneumatic tubes in Berlin and Paris, both over 400 km long. The Paris one was the longest, it was in use until 1984. The last city that had it was I think Prague, where it was in use until 2002. Relatedly, in Paris, before electricity turned out to be the best solution for distributing power, there was also a high pressure *hydraulic* network for this. But loads of other European cities had *city wide* pneumatic networks.

Errr...sorry about this, couldn't help myself.

wayback-machine.jpg

TCRS

Banned
I thought horse detective is a pipe smoker. Guess horses are lowly cigarette smokers after all. #unicorn #superiorrace

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
BUT THAT LOOKS AWESOME, LOOK AT THAT SMUG DUCK

Fuck yeah! Pretty much every animal in this picture looks way cooler than they normally would. The goat and the frog being the obvious winners.

I'm going for a cigarette right now, and can only hope I look as kick-ass as some of that wildlife enjoying the smooth, refreshing taste of fine Virginian tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom