• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pirates 2 and 3 to be made back to back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

Jerry Bruckheimer revealed plans for not one, but two sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean. “We made a deal with Gore [Verbinski] to do 2 and 3. We made a deal with [Ted] Elliot and [Terry] Rossio who rewrote the first film. They did an outline for 2 and 3. They’re writing number 2 right now and we’re negotiating with all the actors.”

Bruckheimer plans to shoot the two Pirates sequels simultaneously (“That’s the plan. It could change, but that’s the plan.”) and have the story continue between the two sequels. “It will be continuing, but you’ll definitely have an end at the end of two. The story will pick up again in three.”

Though they are negotiating, Bruckheimer is confident that the lead actors will return. “Johnny [Depp]’s really excited about doing it. You can ask Keira [Knightley]. I think she’s excited about doing it and we’d love to have Orlando [Bloom] back. He’s told Gore he wants to do it. So it comes down to if you can financially afford them because they’ve all become bigger stars than they were when we first started three years ago.”

And Geoffrey Rush? “That’s going to be a secret. I’m not going tell you, but we have plans.”

Bruckheimer also hinted that the adventure could expand beyond the Caribbean. “It’ll still be the Caribbean and we might go to Thailand, to the far east.”

For her part, Knightley had not heard the plans to do two sequels at once. “Really?” she asked. “There you go. That will be exciting. I hadn’t heard any total confirmation. You’ve got more information than I have.”

http://actionadventure.about.com/od/news/a/aa062604b.htm

ROCK! The first one was a pretty good film.

Willco

Hollywood Square
This has been known for awhile. Ted Elliot is really the man behind the films and he's trying to delay his script until as close to production as possible so Disney doesn't fuck with his script.

I know a few things going into the sequels, which sounds kind of cool, but I'm a bit cautious to see if this thing can turn into a full-fledged trilogy considering the source material is an amusement park ride.

Pattergen

Willco said:
I know a few things going into the sequels, which sounds kind of cool, but I'm a bit cautious to see if this thing can turn into a full-fledged trilogy considering the source material is an amusement park ride.

Please share!

Willco

Hollywood Square
I'm not sure I should or could, and I bet you can guess the kind of things a writer would tinker with whilst writing an action-adventure/fantasy pirate tale.

Pattergen

Willco said:
I'm not sure I should or could, and I bet you can guess the kind of things a writer would tinker with whilst writing an action-adventure/fantasy pirate tale.

Yeah, you know, I just really really wished that at the end of PotC
Bloom would have taken that plundge with Depp.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Surprisingly, PotC was my favorite movie of last summer.

By far.

And g-d, was that soundtrack genius.

Dead

well not really...yet
POTC was pretty mediocre and way too long, but Depp was enjoyable in it. Hopefully these turn out better than the first

Pattergen

DeadStar said:
POTC was pretty mediocre and way too long, but Depp was enjoyable in it. Hopefully these turn out better than the first

Depp carried the movie on his back, and the soundtrack was really really good. I cringed on some lines, example: "I practice three hours a day, so when I meet a pirate, I can kill it. ". But, 90% of the time I expected such a cring, the filmakers avoided it. This is a film that I expected to be the crapiest film ever, that actually turned out very entertaining.

Dead

well not really...yet
Pattergen said:
Depp carried the movie on his back, and the soundtrack was really really good. I cringed on some lines, example: "I practice three hours a day, so when I meet a pirate, I can kill it. ". But, 90% of the time I expected such a cring, the filmakers avoided it. This is a film that I expected to be the crapiest film ever, that actually turned out very entertaining.
Yeah it was entertaining, and youre right I think very low expectations from everyone helped make as it big as it was considering people surprisnigly liked it, anyways I didnt really love it...yet I own the DVD.. :/

Worst line was the corset line, I feel embaressed for Knightely just for having her to say that line, bleh

Pattergen

Willco said:
Trilogies were always in style, but it's just now they're financially viable to Hollywood.

Hollywood is more dependent on material that has sold, and will sell.

Now you have films that are springing up all over the place: POTC, Spiderman, PotC, Underworld, Chronicles of Narnia, and the countless other remakes/sequels/trilogies that are developing.

Hollywood loves sequels and adaptations now. Gone is the spec frenzy. Hopefully we get out of this rut soon, but it looks like sequels and novel adaptations will reign for awhile.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
One of the most enjoyable movie I saw till even today. Johnny Depp owns in the movie =O Sequels are welcomed as long as they are as good as the original if not better.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I like these back to back movie shootings because it assures two sequels with the original cast. BUT I hate how they make the movies connect. Each movie should be able to stand as its own movie. It's stupid that you have to watch 4 hours to get the whole jist. And the story will feel disjointed since they will obviously need to make some dumb cliffhanger at the end of the second movie.

I really hope X-men 3 and 4 can stand as their own movies.

DeadStar said:
Worst line was the corset line, I feel embaressed for Knightely just for having her to say that line, bleh

You can thank Mr. Bruckheimer for that line. It was added at his request.

Edit: ...and POTC = Excellent Movie. One of my favs in recent years.

Willco said:

Seems like they ran out of Ideas... I loved the first but this worries me

Bruckheimer also hinted that the adventure could expand beyond the Caribbean. “It’ll still be the Caribbean and we might go to Thailand, to the far east.”

GAF dream come true Pirates vs Ninjas

Woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom