• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation is introducing user reviews on the PS Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
It looks like PlayStation is introducing user reviews on the PS Store.

In a thread entitled "When did PlayStation start allowing written reviews?", an eagle-eyed PS5 owner noted on the PlayStation subreddit that the company was inviting user reviews for a select number of games.

Whilst fans have long been able to rate games from zero to five stars out of five, this is the first time players have been invited to leave a written review.

when-did-playstation-start-allowing-written-reviews-seems-v0-sr0plhy4ahhd1.png

Source

Fake

Gold Member
Why they take all this time I'll never know. Maybe using AI or fanboys to monitor the review?

What next? Giving option for gift?

Last edited:
Good move. Next up: integrated community forums.

Then let's see who between the two (we know Nintendo's not gonna do it this lifetime) is first to provide transparent player metrics (CCUs, etc.) for games on their network. Steam's well ahead on this front; time for Sony & Microsoft to catch up.

Even Starfield has only 476 reviews, the entire thing is nothing compared to something like Steam.

Typing up reviews with a gamepad ain't exactly as easy as with a keyboard.

Also Steam provides some perks for user reviews; I don't know if MS does anything similar.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Even Starfield has only 476 reviews, the entire thing is nothing compared to something like Steam.
I don't personally think that user reviews are all that useful, but more than 10 is probably fine to get as much insight as they're going to give you, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom