• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

SerTapTap

The only thing I would want to do is bullying her by taking away Rom from her.

Ram doesn't deserve Rom. How is Ram even related to Rom/Blanc

BTW Neptunia PP is $20.50 on Amazon, like 2 units left. Pretty fitting price. It's fun for a runthrough but I wouldn't recommend completion/trophy hunting, especially without a guide. It's got great humor but boring life-sim gameplay. It's oddly fully voiced even in English. I hope starting with Victory 2 IFI fully voices everything because I don't know how spinoffs are fully voiced when mainline (and remakes) aren't.

autoduelist

I just returned from the Bloodborne launch trailer thread.

I am an absolute idiot for cancelling that preorder. What was I thinking? Demon's Souls will forever be one of my toplisted GOATs and Dark Souls was just as solid.

I reinvested that money (amazon credit) into Operation Abyss so now I'm stuck. Even worse, even if I did manage to find a way to fund it, I'm sure the special editions are long gone.

incpdo

Seriously anyone with vita has to have vagrant story, the game size is like 90mb and its an action RPG hybrid with both excellent story and music. The game looks awesome on the vita's screen.
Another excellent games on the Vita's screen are legend of mana, alundra , wild arms and the samurai shodown collection.

Thanks for that info! I'll pass this onto my friend and i'll let him weight the pros and cons
Not a problem. Let us know how he enjoys the game! I recently got my cousin which is a non-gamer, non-anime watcher, into FE Awakening. She's near the end of it and asked me what she should play next, that she enjoyed the social interactions with the characters. She's going to be playing P3P too pretty soon :p

I can't even remember when was the last time I turn my Vita off.
The only thing I would want to do is bullying her by taking away Rom from her.
Maid having checked your register day here, after thinking "damn how long has Maid been a Junior", made me realize that in 3 days or so you should be having your coronation to senpai status.

I just returned from the Bloodborne launch trailer thread.

I am an absolute idiot for cancelling that preorder. What was I thinking? Demon's Souls will forever be one of my toplisted GOATs and Dark Souls was just as solid.

I reinvested that money (amazon credit) into Operation Abyss so now I'm stuck. Even worse, even if I did manage to find a way to fund it, I'm sure the special editions are long gone.

Ah, so you have seen the light.

Producer

Thanks for that info! I'll pass this onto my friend and i'll let him weight the pros and cons

Everyone's first playthrough of P3 should be FES. Alot of the scenes lose alot of impact from not being animated anymore, it just isn't the same. In a story focused game it counts for alot.

You can get both games extremely cheap, so FES first then P3P as FeMC is the best method imo.

Shizuka

Now that I finished La-Mulana EX, I'm back to Hyperdevotion Noire. I got excited with the two Vita announcements yesterday, maybe I'll get the platinum trophy.

v1perz53

Ahh, that feels good. Just finished up the last few trophies I had for the platinum for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Now I have the BL2 and BL:TPS platinums but basically none of the DLC trophies, just in time for the Handsome Collection to come out on PS4. I know a lot of people probably disagree, but I REALLY hope they use the same trophy list for the PS4 versions. They already said you could just transfer your characters from the PS3 versions, so it would give me the perfect excuse to jump back in and earn all the DLC trophies for that true 100%. Buying the game for that sweet sweet 4 player splitscreen, but finishing off the trophies would be a nice bonus.

Now that I finished La-Mulana EX, I'm back to Hyperdevotion Noire. I got excited with the two Vita announcements yesterday, maybe I'll get the platinum trophy.
I'm on chapter 7 of Noire, such a fun little game. To think a spin-off would get me interested in the main series again lol.

Tohsaka

I liked Noire, but I didn't bother getting the platinum trophy because it was way too grindy. I got the true ending, at least.

Maid

Banned
Neptunia VII looks way better than I expected. It's strange from someone who likes Compile Hearts games, but I didn't expect they could make it look that good.

Maid having checked your register day here, after thinking "damn how long has Maid been a Junior", made me realize that in 3 days or so you should be having your coronation to senpai status.

Now that you mention it, I don't even remember, lol. Better not doing anything stupid for the next 3 days.

Neptunia VII looks way better than I expected. It's strange from someone who likes Compile Hearts games, but I didn't expect they could make it look that good.

Now that you mention it, I don't even remember, lol. Better not doing anything stupid for the next 3 days.
That's the new one on the PS4 right? (Still trying to make a map of all the games in my head lol).

And yeah, hold on to that apron of yours, bans been flyin' everywhere on GAF lately.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
There are pros and con's to each version.

PS2 Pros:
- Cutscenes
- 3D city gameplay
- You get to play on a big screen
- FES comes with a prologue if you are interested ( tough and grindy though)
Con's:
- AI isn't controlled by you in battle.
- 4:3 (this could be a con to some I guess)
- Limited to male route

PSP Pros:
- Female route also available (plot changes quite a bit, also it comes with its own set of sound tracks too)
- Features from vanilla P4 implemented, better balancing
- Controllable AI in battle
- Portability
- Added content for the main game
Cons:
- No cut scenes, stills are used instead
- No prologue
- No 3D roaming in the city, it is instead point and click
- Not on a big screen?

These are the major points that come to mind. Pick your poison :p

Interesting... If it goes on sale I might actually buy it. As long as there's no grinding like in Reb1, I'm in lol!

As mentioned before if you know what you are doing you can easily overlevel in the high rank dungeons making the rest of the mainline gameplay pretty much trivial outside of having to level the newly acquired story characters.

The devs specifically put those features in the game just so people can use that to level and just enjoy the rest of the game.

You will most def spend less time if you do what Im explaining here rather than trying to lv up normally in the main game. The exp diff is huge. Though you will need to be at least a certain level to pull it off otherwise it will be impossible. Also you need to be careful as the enemies in the higher level dungeons their spawns are a bit random which means stronger stuff can also spawn so you will need to pay attention to that. Its difficult at start but once you get going its a snowball down a hill effect.

quabba

Stay far away from P3P if it is your first time experiencing Persona 3. Can't stress it enough.

I don't get why people say this. I started p3p and was enjoying it. I picked up FES on ps3 for a couple of dollars in a sale and started playing it but I felt it was the same as I remembered, the 3d town and models werent adding anything to the social links.

Obviously the animated cut scenes are different. I did notice that.

Instant resume plus improvements meant I went back to P3P.

Maid

Banned
That's the new one on the PS4 right? (Still trying to make a map of all the games in my head lol).

And yeah, hold on to that apron of yours, bans been flyin' everywhere on GAF lately.

Yeah, this one.
Their naming way is confusing though. I know why it's named that way, but still. Remember Neptunia U? Lol.

Soriku

Can the PS4 download in-game downloads in rest mode? For example, say I want to download the Left Behind DLC from The Last of Us via the in-game menu, would the download continue in rest mode?

So what happened to that english language, Oreshika 2 release on play-asia? March came and it just changed to out of stock/tba with no info.

autoduelist

I don't get why people say this. I started p3p and was enjoying it. I picked up FES on ps3 for a couple of dollars in a sale and started playing it but I felt it was the same as I remembered, the 3d town and models werent adding anything to the social links.

Obviously the animated cut scenes are different. I did notice that.

Instant resume plus improvements meant I went back to P3P.

I wish all towns were menu based in pretty much every jrpg ever. Running around looking for people to talk to every dang chapter (in case they have something new to say) and robbing the crates in their bedrooms has always been one of my least favorite things in every game ever. So much wasted time running around. Direct menu to every point of interest, please and thank you.

Parakeetman

I wish all towns were menu based in pretty much every jrpg ever. Running around looking for people to talk to every dang chapter (in case they have something new to say) and robbing the crates in their bedrooms has always been one of my least favorite things in every game ever. So much wasted time running around. Direct menu to every point of interest, please and thank you.

Glad that people like you are the minority or we might get more abominations like P3Ps menu based bullshit.

eFKac

Can the PS4 download in-game downloads in rest mode? For example, say I want to download the Left Behind DLC from The Last of Us via the in-game menu, would the download continue in rest mode?

I'm so surprised you have a PS4 already Soriku, haven't you just had a PS3 for a year or so? :p

Not sure about the answer, but I don't think Left Behind is a separate download, at least in the retail version of TLoUR.

I know its offtopic but I can't hide these feelings in me. My Thesis proposal defense was moved to today and I successfully conquered it. :) I didn't left unscathed but its just minor revisions like do it in the APA format, cite more literature and stuff.

Now I think I can play Miku for awhile and start doing the revisions! The bad news is I don't have money left for either PSN or Steam sales (Thesis is expensive business) but atleast I'm one step closer to graduation!

deadfolk

I know its offtopic but I can't hide these feelings in me. My Thesis proposal defense was moved to today and I successfully conquered it. :) I didn't left unscathed but its just minor revisions like do it in the APA format, cite more literature and stuff.

Now I think I can play Miku for awhile and start doing the revisions! The bad news is I don't have money left for either PSN or Steam sales (Thesis is expensive business) but atleast I'm one step closer to graduation!

Gratz! You have earned yourself some Miku!

bobohoro

I see. Which version of Persona 3 would you recommend then? He has a PS2 as well fortunately so he's not limited to P3P

FES is the way to go.
Second playthrough with FeMC on Portable.

I don't know what is wrong with your n3DS. Mine goes 48 hours on standby with wifi on and twice that with it off. It's no Vita which can go two weeks easy but its not useless by any means.

Your n3ds must be some kind of mutant monster thingy. Mine goes ~20 hours tops in standby from a full charge. Better than my old 3dsXL but still not that great, taking it with me to college, with includes around 2 hours of playtime while on train, always has me worried that the battery might die on me by evening.

maouvin

Congrats, man! :)

Maid

Banned

That's one thing I wouldn't want. If they could make like Ar tonelico by using both way simultaneously, then it's fine, but I don't want everything to be menu based.

That's one thing I wouldn't one. If they could make like Ar tonelico by using both way simultanlenously, then it's fine, but I don't want everything to be menu based.

Fully agree with this actually. It switches for me. I've played so many menu-based JRPG's recently that I'm itching for one with towns to run around. Equally, when I've played a lot of games with towns (for example I played a lot of Ys games in a row recently) I get tired of that too.

unrealist

I apologise if this is the wrong place/thread to post, but I am selling my PSN account (with tons of games) in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

v1perz53

Glad that people like you are the minority or we might get more abominations like P3Ps menu based bullshit.

That's one thing I wouldn't one. If they could make like Ar tonelico by using both way simultanlenously, then it's fine, but I don't want everything to be menu based.

Honestly I in some ways agree with autoduelist. The worst part of P4G for me was "oh time to run around every building and hallway to see if anyone has a quest now" or that arduous series of running around randomly talking to everyone (if you don't use a guide to know who to talk to) to unlock
Naoto's dungeon
. In many ways it would have been better if each place was a menu and I could just go down the list and talk to each person.

However, this would really hurt the sense of the world for me. P4G felt more alive than P3P by far, even if that life made it far more tedious. I don't know what I actually want more. I also agree that the minigame of "talk to every villager, check every set of drawers" in RPGs is a load of shit, but I'm not really sure how you could get around that without killing how alive the world feels.

Parakeetman

I apologise if this is the wrong place/thread to post, but I am selling my PSN account (with tons of games) in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

Wrong place

Doesnt help your cause either to the fact that you didnt even link your own post.

Even if you did no sane member would waste money on an account that could be shut down at any time after the sale, let alone folks having any real way of knowing that you are the legit owner of said account for sale.

Gurrry

So im not sure if I should post this here or not, but here it goes..

Im buying a ps4 today, and I saw this picture online that states that with a new purchase of a ps4 you get free ps+ for a year: http://imgur.com/7YDsvRx (gamestop)

However, as of 7:30 am this morning, I dont see this ad on their website.

Anyone know if this is legit or not?

Maid

Banned
However, this would really hurt the sense of the world for me. P4G felt more alive than P3P by far, even if that life made it far more tedious. I don't know what I actually want more. I also agree that the minigame of "talk to every villager, check every set of drawers" in RPGs is a load of shit, but I'm not really sure how you could get around that without killing how alive the world feels.

By making both available at the same time. You could freely move around in GUST's games, but they also leave a choice to open up a menu and instantly jump to your desired direction. You also don't need to rampage into people's house for loot since there is nothing.

The solution shouldn't always be "remove anything I don't like".

bobohoro

By making both available at the same time. You could freely move around in GUST's games, but they also leave a choice to open up a menu and instantly jump to your desired direction. You also don't need to rampage into people's house for loot since there is nothing.

The solution shouldn't always be "remove anything I don't like".

Yeah, this is something I agree with. Offer more options instead of less. Not in the mood to run through town looking for new messages and quests? Open up a menu that shows you everything and lets you select all available options in the blink of a second. Want to stroll through a city, enjoying the scenery and listen to its theme? You can do that too. It doesn't, and shouldn't, have to be one OR the other.

SerTapTap

The combat system in banned game is actually pretty cool, just takes a bit too long to get going. The little dialog bits are great too. Be cool if they expanded on the idea elsewhere but I think Imageepoch is RIP

I didn't think I wanted menu based towns until I tried them. I still appreciate PSX Final Fantasy towns but for the most part running around like a dumbass isn't enjoyable. Freedom Wars did it very well though, I wish all JRPGs did that. Free roam if you want, fast travel if you don't, and also current objective markers right on the fast travel so you can zip right to the story.

If there's two things almost every JRPG should have IMO, it's that system and the visual novel style pause/auto advance/rewind/skip dialog system. Also ideally the VN style "save ANYWHERE, even mid conversation" thing.

I think those are just added to the download queue just like any other download and should work in rest mode too.

Eh, the character models always looked pretty damn good, it always seemed to me they were struggling with the hardware. Textures were blurry but I'd guess it's more to do with performance. Honestly the models from the prior games in clean IQ with clear textures would already look fantastic (I forget if the PC version of reb 1 has better textures, but the IQ is definitely far improved).

Their art direction is pretty great, the 2D stuff was already good.

I liked Noire, but I didn't bother getting the platinum trophy because it was way too grindy. I got the true ending, at least.

They always have one or two trophies that are just unreasonably grindy. It's one of a few things I really wish they'd fix. They improve so much in some areas but the trophies thing seems kind of deliberate.

v1perz53

If there's two things almost every JRPG should have IMO, it's that system and the visual novel style pause/auto advance/rewind/skip dialog system. Also ideally the VN style "save ANYWHERE, even mid conversation" thing.

Forget JRPGs, I wish every game would have this system. All I want is a button I can press to skip dialogue if I choose, but also a button to press to pull up old dialogue I may have missed, like in P4G or FE:A. And to be able to save anywhere at any time would be a dream.

Although I will say, I do prefer games with restricted saving points to games with only auto-save and no easy way to tell when your last save was. Like when playing Bioshock Infinite I kept thinking "ah crap I want to take a break but I have no clue when my last save was". I remember eventually I had to go to the save files and see the timestamp on the most recent save to know how much progress I would lose if I quit.

SerTapTap

Forget JRPGs, I wish every game would have this system. All I want is a button I can press to skip dialogue if I choose, but also a button to press to pull up old dialogue I may have missed, like in P4G or FE:A. And to be able to save anywhere at any time would be a dream.

Although I will say, I do prefer games with restricted saving points to games with only auto-save and no easy way to tell when your last save was. Like when playing Bioshock Infinite I kept thinking "ah crap I want to take a break but I have no clue when my last save was". I remember eventually I had to go to the save files and see the timestamp on the most recent save to know how much progress I would lose if I quit.

I think Roguelikes are about the only game where I've ever really preferred a completely automatic save system with harsh restrictions. I'm fine with being thrown back to a checkpoint, remove my buffs/whatever, but there are extremely few reasons I shouldn't be able to quit without losing progress. Hell, even many roguelikes now let you save and quit, they just prevent (well, limit) savescumming by auto loading the save and destroying it next time. Works extremely well in Road Not Taken, decently well in Binding of Isaac (I've lost a floor at most, it seems to auto save every floor or if you quit or die.)

Maid

Banned
Eh, the character models always looked pretty damn good, it always seemed to me they were struggling with the hardware. Textures were blurry but I'd guess it's more to do with performance. Honestly the models from the prior games in clean IQ with clear textures would already look fantastic (I forget if the PC version of reb 1 has better textures, but the IQ is definitely far improved).

Their art direction is pretty great, the 2D stuff was already good.

I didn't mean the model or the graphic, since that would be the last thing I complain about in Neptunia games.It's more like the battle animation, (or choreography, is it?) that always feel lacking in previous Neptunia games and somehow they make it looks really good in Neptunia VII. They feel smooth and awesome looking. It could be the hardware problem, or budget problem, whichever it is, but it sure does look better in VII.

SerTapTap

I didn't mean the model or the graphic, since that would be the last thing I complain about in Neptunia games.It's more like the battle animation, (or choreography, is it?) that always feel lacking in previous Neptunia games and somehow they make it looks really good in Neptunia VII.

Ah, yeah the skills are always cool but the animations usually have some odd quirks to them. And the camera pans aren't always great. Is Victory 2 60 FPS like Quintet (man that was WEIRD to see at first in the demo)? If so maybe they just added more keyframes too, they were always a bit stiff.

0afHag4.jpg

Flame Over - Vita

Flame Over is described as a rouge-like fighter fighter game but as a fan of rouge-like games it misses the mark. The upgrade process requires found unlocks and cash to upgrade to things that matter very little. Also a rouge-like has a sense of progression and Flame Over really has none. A rouge-like should have a sense of wanting to see what is next but Flame Over just offers you fire followed by more fire. The game is tedious and often clear areas seem to spontaneously go back on fire resulting in a lot of frustration. The only thing rouge-like is the randomly generated maps, which depending on placement of people rescuing, will determine the difficulty. This game is hard and tedious without any sense of reward. I do not like this game.

5/10

Shinriji

Ah, yeah the skills are always cool but the animations usually have some odd quirks to them. And the camera pans aren't always great. Is Victory 2 60 FPS like Quintet (man that was WEIRD to see at first in the demo)? If so maybe they just added more keyframes too, they were always a bit stiff.

Omega Quintet is far from a stable 60 fps. Only on battles and even so a slight effect cause the game to slowdown. The same thing with yakuza isshin and zero.

SerTapTap

Omega Quintet is far from a stable 60 fps. Only on battles and even so a slight effect cause the game to slowdown. The same thing with yakuza isshin and zero.

Their engine's always been bad on maps for some reason. It's a mostly alright 30 in Fairy Fencer F battles but it's like 20 FPS or something on the maps which is weird. I guess I didn't play the demo enough to notice performance issues, I did like 2 battles. Unless it's certain to not be localized I don't like fussing too much with Japanese only menus, it's frustrating.

Jhriad

Anyone else getting a 'Sign in failed' pop up when you try to sign into the Playstation Store on PC? I wanted to buy a few things but I'm not interested in signing into my devices to do so. It was working just fine last week.

Anyone else getting a 'Sign in failed' pop up when you try to sign into the Playstation Store on PC? I wanted to buy a few things but I'm not interested in signing into my devices to do so. It was working just fine last week.

Try to delete cookies and cache, or try Incognito mode on your browser

Still playing Valhalla Knights 3.

Future me is looking back at current me and shaking his freakin' head.

So I found out the locations of enemy groups that drop class-change cards.
After getting to the spot, I put on some Genesis and start camping spawns...

2 1/2 hours later.

ONE CARD

One card that unlocks one class on one character (out of 7).

Fuck it. I'm done....forever.
This shit is unforgivable. From now on any single-player game I play that pulls this shit is getting insta-failed. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Top Bottom