• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Art Academy |OT| Make Ken Sugimori Proud

Robin64

I'm pleasantly surprised at how "digital" they've made the marker tools.

The outlines smooth as if you'd drawn them in Flash or something and are on a seperate layer to the colouring. The other Art Academy games emulated physical tools really well, so it's fun to see them add this too.

CDX

I'm pleasantly surprised at how "digital" they've made the marker tools.

The outlines smooth as if you'd drawn them in Flash or something and are on a seperate layer to the colouring. The other Art Academy games emulated physical tools really well, so it's fun to see them add this too.

Looks awesome .... but for someone like me that is only interested in the free paint and miiverse comptetitions .... not sure if I am ok with full price, specialy considering how there are thousands of others art academy ...

but the marker option is tempting =x

See this is why I want it too.

For the different painting tools in free paint mode.

It's probably going to be $30. Why can't Nintendo just put a $5 free paint mode on the eshop and sell all the Pokemon lessons as DLC.

Slermy

Finally got the funds to purchase this. Downloading now!

Forgot to ask, for those that have it, any Pokémon-esque music in this? Or is it more akin to the Art Academy series?

This, I'd like to know as well.

I'll probably pick this up just to have a nice drawing app on the 3DS, and if I can sketch to Pokémon tunes, even better.

Robin64

The music doesn't seem too Pokémon-y just yet. I guess those games don't really have suitable relaxing drawing music, heh.

What's odd is that the prof's name is Professor Andy. That's not a tree!

It's probably going to be $30. Why can't Nintendo just put a $5 free paint mode on the eshop and sell all the Pokemon lessons as DLC.

Basically what they did for Art Academy on WiiU. 5$ free paint with like 6 templates. Though I do wish they had more lessons. I also think some of the tools are lacking compared to the full game(not sure though)but I wouldn't mind seeing it on 3ds either.

This, I'd like to know as well.

I'll probably pick this up just to have a nice drawing app on the 3DS, and if I can sketch to Pokémon tunes, even better.

The music is more Animal Crossing-esque than Pokemon. A shame to not have rendition of the more laid-back themes in the series, but the music that is there is okay (if you saw the original launch trailer, one of the tracks in-game plays on it)

These days the Pokemon OST's for most main series games are available on itunes if you want Pokemon music. (grumble apparently most of them are restricted to iTunes only, shame)

Random aside, I know the newer Pikachu design is easier to draw but I still like the anime design better.

Slermy

The music doesn't seem too Pokémon-y just yet. I guess those games don't really have suitable relaxing drawing music, heh.

What's odd is that the prof's name is Professor Andy. That's not a tree!

The music is more Animal Crossing-esque than Pokemon. A shame to not have rendition of the more laid-back themes in the series, but the music that is there is okay (if you saw the original launch trailer, one of the tracks in-game plays on it)

These days the Pokemon OST's for most main series games are available on itunes if you want Pokemon music. (grumble apparently most of them are restricted to iTunes only, shame)

Random aside, I know the newer Pikachu design is easier to draw but I still like the anime design better.

Thanks for the replies. Oh, well.

Robin64

So do you only get a silver trophy on the mini lessons? Just did the first one of Chespin's face and only got a silver, where the first three and Oshawott have golds.

JoeM86

How do we download it? Can't find the option.

freepainttemplate.jpg

In Free Paint mode, click this button :)

My best lesson efforts!

It's certainly a decent enough art tool, the fact it can autopost to Miiverse is great, and makes me sad that the original Art Academy lacks this feature. (patch would be nice, but I know it won't happen, maybe for another future entry...)

Robin64

So yeah, the game is out now in the US! I hope everyone who was sad about not getting it earlier will give it a look now. ;)

Platy

So yeah, the game is out now in the US! I hope everyone who was sad about not getting it earlier will give it a look now. ;)

On my "to buy" list ... but end of the year and smash release don't see it being a top priority now =/

...specialy with smash bros having Art Academy lite xD

So yeah, bought this today because I like to doodle Pokemon, and I'm actually impressed with how good of an art game this is.

I'd recommend this (or other Art Academy games if they are just as good) to anyone who wants to learn how to draw.

Also, the rival definitely boosts your self-esteem, lol. Sometimes it seems like they aren't even trying.

Is this worth $25? I didn't plan on it but I might be buying this along with Fantasy Life for the Best Buy GCU deal right now. I was going to wait until it dropped in price but then I realized it's Pokemon so I doubt it'll be dropping in price any time soon lol. Should I get it?

Narroo

So, how is this? I have the 3DS Art Academy which was neat. it annoyed me though how they didn't teach you technique on strokes. I've done almost every lesson now, and I still don't know how to blur.

How's Pokemon Art?

Bass260

this thread is surprisingly quiet :(
hmm was there an ITB for this on Club Nintendo?

Indeed :(

I just picked this up at retail and they said I was the first one to purchase the game. Well, here's to drawing Pokemon.

And not sure about the ITB, sorry :/

Robin64

The outline pen makes this a fantastic tool for just drawing cartoons in general. It gets its own layer, and is smoothed out a little too. So if you draw a little wobbly, no need to worry, it'll take care of it. Then when you begin to color, you can go right up to the outline because it just colors underneath. Really nice.

maxcriden

Kinda out there, but wondering a bit if anyone is done with the game and interested in trading or selling it. Long shot but thought it worth to ask. Thanks all!

Top Bottom