• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I was reading Serebii Pokémon of the Week, this week is Torkoal and I came across this info;

"If the fire burning within its shell goes out, it will die."

81fbe7380e18ab6cb747bb77119d7715faf91d16_hq.gif

Edit: I was reading Komala Pokédex entry;

"It is born asleep, and it dies asleep."

The Pokémon world is a cruel mistress. ;_;

it's... really disappointing, only thing different is an extra mohawk and colors.

Well still don't much about Dusk Form other than its look, remember we had Pokémon that look similar but differ stats wise.

to be fair Komala is actually strong as hell in the game

True, but I still can't be help and be disappointed as I wanted to see Komala evolution to be a big scary Kola with sharp claws.

I was about to come in here and suggest that the Dusk Lycanroc would evolve using the Dusk Stone because lol Dusk is in both the names but Ash's Rockruff doesn't look like it was near a Dusk stone.

Hey so I caught the Snorlax in Heartgold and it's an adamant snorlax. Is that good?

Yeah its good for a offensive Snorlax. I would keep it.

You can put 252 EV in its attack and 252 EV into Special defense or HP and equip it with a assault vest.

Edit: 513 eggs into my quest for a Shiny Rockruff. I'm worried because 40 or so eggs ago I wasn't paying attention and my diaghter jumped on me so I pressed B and rejected the egg. I keep telling myself that was the shiny Rockruff I turned away. How is the Shiny for a egg determined? Is it as soon as the egg is created or when it's hatched? I really am thinking I turned down the shiny egg. Lol..

JoeM86

I was about to come in here and suggest that the Dusk Lycanroc would evolve using the Dusk Stone be a use lol Dusk is in both the names but Ash's Rockruff doesn't look like it was near a Dusk stone.

In Japan, it's known as the Dark Stone, so there's actually no similarity there

Anyone awake who is able to trade me an adamant or jolly Rhyhorn egg in ORAS? Don't really care about egg moves or IVs, just want to raise one for story mode.

EDIT: Never mind, I got one

GoldStarz

In Japan, it's known as the Dark Stone, so there's actually no similarity there

Still, I kinda wish they tried to keep some consistency with names internationally now that they're clearly trying to keep things on the same page. I mean the Beast Ball was called the Ultra Ball in Japan and was that honestly necessary? I mean if anything, calling it the Beast Ball makes even MORE sense in Japan because it parallels how PokeBalls are called "Monster Balls" and further plays out the idea that "these guys aren't normal Pokemon"

WPS

Oh so they just released the cover? That's weird since Dusk Lycanroc is apparently on there.

I mean, it was tiny and we had no way of telling it was even a Pokémon just from the cover. If the fandom wasn't on high alert, we might not even have noticed it.

brinstar

Looks like I'm doing a Heart Gold run since US/UM got me in the mood. I'm not much of a Gen 2 fan but I haven't played HG since its original release so it'll feel the most fresh to me.

Now to think of a team....

Looks like I'm doing a Heart Gold run since US/UM got me in the mood. I'm not much of a Gen 2 fan but I haven't played HG since its original release so it'll feel the most fresh to me.

Now to think of a team....
You're unfortunately kinda limited in HG/SS. There's 8 HMs and 3 semi-HMs, so you either need 2 water types on your team or find something that weirdly gets Surf and Whirlpool despite being Normal. You can also go through the hassle of having a backup Psyduck or Furret that you have to get out of the box every time you need to progress, but I would rather lose a moveslot.

It's one of the reasons why I like replaying GSC more. That, some other things, and the nostalgia.

brinstar

You're unfortunately kinda limited in HG/SS. There's 8 HMs and 3 semi-HMs, so you either need 2 water types on your team or find something that weirdly gets Surf and Whirlpool despite being Normal. You can also go through the hassle of having a backup Psyduck or Furret that you have to get out of the box every time you need to progress, but I would rather lose a moveslot.

It's one of the reasons why I like replaying GSC more. That, some other things, and the nostalgia.

Ughhh I forgot about the HM bullshit in this. I'm probably gonna end up playing G/S when the VC release hits too lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finally got a phone that can handle Pokemon Go, don't know if I wanna jump in this late though.

Finally got a phone that can handle Pokemon Go, don't know if I wanna jump in this late though.

It's pretty easy to get into of you live in the city or right by a Poké Stop. As long as you can replenish items from Poké Stops you'll constantly be able to earn experience.

Whenever I'm away from home I enjoy the game alot but when I'm home it sucks. So I only play it once or twice a year at a week at a time.

Gratz on your Sonic.

Thanks!

--------------------------

So yeah, Battle Tree.

A Mega Blastiose out Sped my Jolly Electivire that has 252 EV invested in speed. The Mega OHKO my Electivire and I lost at round 34ish in Super Singles.

How come Ash Greninja doesn't feel like it hits as hard as a Protean Greninja? I know that Protean Greninja gets stab damage bonus for all four of his/hers moves but I figured that Ash Greninja superior stats would've made up for that. My Protean Greninja was wreaking Havoc in Super Singles up until I lost on some bullshit again.

I just realized that I deleted quite a few of my competitive bread Pokémon months ago when I wiped my data for my daughter to start her run through. Kind of disappointed in myself for not paying attention at that time.

Ok I need to get this off my chest. Gengar losing levitate is the biggest load of BS of a nerf that has ever happened in BS nerfs history. Gengar was a vital part of my team because of the fact I can bring him in when I knew my oponant was going to use Earthquake. It gave my team a immunity to ground type attacks while not adding a rock type weakness to my team. The slap in the face is when you battle against a Skull grunt towards the end and his Haunter has fucking Levitate!!!!!

Edit: Also Game Freak needs to make better physical Electric and Fire type attacks. You have Volt Tackle and Wild Charge along with Flare Blitz which causes recoil

Vs

Thunder Bolt, Volt Switch, and Flamethrower

There's almost no reason to go physical with those types. I hate recoil moves. There's Blaze Kick but screw the accuracy in that thing. I'm rolling with a Mega Blaziken with Fire Punch. Doesn't feel good.

Yes they have the elemental punches but come on. The elemental punches doesn't compare to their special counterparts.

Just saw on Serebii that the Global Mission that concluded was the final Global Mission. I am really surprised by that.

If this was the last one, I wish they gave more than 4,000 coins. How is that supposed to hold us over until November? That's only enough to get five more Pokemon to level 100. :(

Interesting that support for Sun & Moon has effectively ended in this regard. I thought Global Missions would continue and USM would have the same Festival Plaza system to ensure compatibility between all the games.

^^^^^^ That's really disappointing. I did not like the Festival Plaza but always took part of the Global missions because screw playing those mini games over and over. Maybe the Festival Plaza wasn't the "hit" they thought it'll be?

Do you guys think the negative reactions from the fanbase gets back to Game Freak? I hope not (to a extant) lol... crap I've been reading and seeing online is beyond dumb and makes me question of some of these people were Pokémon fans to begin with.

Fake Edit: I've been posting alot in the OT lately.

I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Corocoro has leaked. Nothing substantial other than Lycanroc-Dusk gets Tough Claws and can learn Acceleroc AND Counter (lol).

Edit: Wait apparently Joe has found something else lol

So the only thing in Coro Coro was the already known Lycanroc form.... I'm starting to get really, really worried about how much new content will be in these games.

Ah, I miss the days of blurry scans.

Too bad the Z-crystal got unconfirmed (I was in the unconvinced boat myself), but it would be funny if Lycanroc ended up getting a Z-Crystal anyway.

^^^^^^ It'll be pretty funny if Dusk Lycanroc stats are just the best stats from Midday and Midnight. Like it'll get Midnight defense and Midday Speed.

I just got a impish nature, 6IV, Shiny Giratina off of GTS in a Master Ball.

I know the answer but will ask anyway incase there was a perfect IV Shiny Giratina event that happened years ago or something. What are the chances of this being legit?

Edit: Electivire is my favorite electric type Pokémon. Electivire is really disappointing me. He's not clutch at all and my 4 year old could hit harder than him if he were real or she were a NPC in the game.

I can't believe I'm saying this... I need a new electric Pokémon for my meta team and I have no clue where to begin.

I mean, Lycanroc's usual moveset benefits from Tough Claws (except for Stone Edge) but the problem is that those moves aren't that powerful in the first place.

Accelerock getting a damage increase is pretty good though.

Macka

Midnight Lycanroc being the only form of the three to not get Accelerock is stupid as hell and should really be rectified.

Top Bottom