• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pope Francis Reminds the Synod that He Has the Last Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ameican Magazine

pope-synod-church1017.jpg

“The synod journey culminates in listening to the Bishop of Rome, (who is) called to speak authoritatively as ‘the Pastor and Teacher of all Christians,'" Pope Francis stated on October 17, on the eve of the final week of the synod on the family.

In a keynote talk of the utmost importance delivered at the celebration for the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the synod of bishops, Francis spoke about “synodality in the church,” the synod’s place within this, the relation between the synod and the Successor of Peter, and reminded the synod fathers that he has the last word.

He emphasized the need to give new life to structures of synodality in the local churches worldwide, and confirmed his intention to promote greater “decentralization” in the Catholic Church and to bring about “a conversion of the papacy.”

Pope Francis began by recalling that ever since he became Bishop of Rome, “I wanted to give value to the Synod, which constitutes one of the most precious inheritances of the last council gathering.”

gdt

I have no idea what this article is about, but i started clicking around that site and they have a good article about churches doing more to support the current wave of anti racism protests and such. If never thought about their role in this discussion but I guess for smaller town and in minority communities they can be a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom