• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popeyes introduces new menu item - Red Stick Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

redstick-chicken.jpg

In Louisiana, there is a story behind everything… even the cuisine. Today, Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI) introduces its latest creation, NEW Red Stick Chicken, honoring one of the oldest stories and traditions the region has to offer, that of Le Petit Bâton Rouge or the Little Red Stick.

On Louisiana’s Avery Island, little red sticks, painted the color of the perfect TABASCO® pepper are the secret to choosing the ripest, juiciest, most flavorful peppers in the field. When the color of the pepper matches the color of the little red stick, only then is it ready for selection.

It’s these perfect TABASCO® peppers that Popeyes has chosen for its NEW Red Stick Chicken, premium tenderloins marinated in what can surely be called the most perfect TABASCO® flavor available.

Popeyes NEW Red Stick Chicken is tender, juicy, all white meat chicken tenderloins (the most tender and juicy part of white meat chicken), marinated in a cayenne and TABASCO® pepper marinade, hand battered and breaded in a Southern style crispy coating, and then fried up fresh in our kitchens.

Four Red Stick Chicken tenderloins are served with Cajun Fries, a Buttermilk Biscuit and a brand new, Smok’n Pepper Ranch dipping sauce, created as the perfect complement to Red Stick Chicken, all for just $3.99.

Indifferent2.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This seems like a wierd thing to have a thread about. Its just spicy chicken Tenders.

Post when they have a food item named after Shreveport.

Oreoleo

Dang $4? Either those tenders are teeny tiny or this is a great deal. Popeyes makes some bomb ass chicken tenders.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The fuck? I think they gave me these instead of my normal tenders today. My wife had significantly more in her 3 piece tender. :(

Kemal86

They have a similar overall spice level to the regular spicy tenders, just a little tobasco-y.

But yeah. They were two bites tops per piece. I'm still hungry.

Sobriquet

Damn. I have some on the way. I'm glad I ordered a side of shrimp. :(

Just ate them. Two bites a piece. Good, though. Now on to my shrimp. Red beans and rice is the grand finale.

I'm glad I was reading the thread to mentally prepare myself for how tiny they were.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was eating at Popeye's on Saturday, and the dude in front of me in line was asking when they were offering these because he was coming back day one.

I reallllllly wish I had a Popeye's here.

bryehn

$4 for that? You can buy two whole chicken breasts for that much.

*5.49 in (most of) Canada.

And it costs me a good 7-8 bucks for a full breast that I have to de-bone at home. That's 2 cutlets, I could make like 10-12 of these things with that, an egg, some panko, 50 cents worth of canola oil and better hot sauce than vinegarbasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom