• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pictures of your local news team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I rarely watch the local news, as I'm never home, and there's rarely anything newsworthy. The last time I did was because my uncle didn't show up for court (he had kited ~$90k in checks), and I kind of hoped that my family would be horribly embarassed. Alas, no go. It was all over the paper though! Anyway, there's like, 4 newscasts here, and they're all equally horrible.

But one anchor stands above the rest (QUITE LITERALLY!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!).

anchors_tom.jpg

This man.

"Too Tall" Tom Szymanski. 6'10" of pure Satan. In addition to being the local weatherman, he's also quite the alcoholic, and if my sources are correct, also a coke head (which wouldn't surprise me, at all). He loves the cold weather. He refers to temperatures of 0º as "the doughnut!" And seeing as it's pretty much less than or equal to 0º for about 4 months out of the year, this gets on your nerves. He also refers to temperatures of 5º as "a nickel" or 10º as "a dime." And on very special nights, we get the Daily Double: "It's a nickel beloooooooow the doughnut tonight!" He's so hyperkinetic and obnxious. He's always sticking his bulbous melon RIGHT into the camera, and flailing his bear paw-esque hands everywhere. If you're ever in Fargo, ND, turn on the channel 11 news for a real treat.

:(

aparisi2274

ruffles said:
Cool! The Good Day Live team. I love that show. I miss Jillian on the national show :(

Whoa. I havent watched Good Day Live in a few days, and I am in NYC. What happened to Jillian? She is the reason I watched the show. Can someone tell me whats going on?

Tazznum1

jim_ryan.jpg

Jim Ryan...smug uptight prick that dominates all conversations with the others.

lyn_brown.jpg

No personality whatsoever.

mike_woods.jpg

Sports guy....who knows.

ernabelle_demillo.jpg

Just there to fill a spot.

chris_gailus.jpg

Basically a fill in guy.

Used to have:

image562684x.jpg

HE WAS THE F'ING MAN!!!!

BTW, I couldn't handle the 42 "Good Morning ______" when they handed the camera off to the anchor. Pissed me off to no end.

"Good morning Jim."
"Good morning Dave."
"Good morning Lyn."
"Good morning NY!"

uggg

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
ktrk_marvin_zindler_lg.jpg

Houston. We've got Marvin Zindler. There's slime in all our ice machines, bitches!

Jillian%20Maximum%2010.jpg

Oh, and if Jillian was a dinosaur, she'd be a Babeasarus Rex.

Tazznum1 said:
jim_ryan.jpg

Jim Ryan...smug uptight prick that dominates all conversations with the others.

lyn_brown.jpg

No personality whatsoever.

mike_woods.jpg

Sports guy....who knows.

ernabelle_demillo.jpg

Just there to fill a spot.

chris_gailus.jpg

Basically a fill in guy.

Used to have:

image562684x.jpg

HE WAS THE F'ING MAN!!!!

BTW, I couldn't handle the 42 "Good Morning ______" when they handed the camera off to the anchor. Pissed me off to no end.

"Good morning Jim."
"Good morning Dave."
"Good morning Lyn."
"Good morning NY!"

uggg

Yeah, the show used to be the one to watch, if only to witness Jim Ryan belittle his cohorts, especially if they fucked up or mispronounced a word.

Anyone remember the on air clashes he used to have with that one old guy correspondent. I don't see him anymore.... pretty sure Ryan beat him to death after one heavy on air fight.

Slo

Betsy Singer- Anchor
singer.jpg

Tom Overlie - Anchor
overlie.jpg

Randy Brock - Weather
brock.jpg

Ken Quatrin -Weather
quattrin.jpg

Pat Lund - Sports
lund.jpg

Joe Siple - Sports
siple.jpg

Random anchors/reporters

Jess Abrahamson
abrahamson.jpg

Karna Bergstrum
kbergstrom.jpg

Candace Grossclaw
grossklaus.jpg

Jeremiah Jacobson - Chief Token Minority
jacobsen.jpg

Guzim

News Channel 8. Coverage you can count on!

Keith Kountz - Evening anchor. Everyone loves him.
27139_BG1.jpg

Ann Nyberg - Evening anchor. When she dyed her hair, the state shut down.
27126_BG1.jpg

Geoff Fox - Weatherman. Everyone in Connecticut loves this man.
27147_BG1.jpg

Dr. Mel Goldstein - Award winning weatherman. Again everyone loves him.
27202_BG1.jpg

Noah Finz - Sportsanchor. He's a nice man.
27197_BG1.jpg

Sonia Baghdady - weekend anchor. HOT HOT HOT! Too bad this picture doesn't do her justice.
1063472_BG1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom