• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PR] - "Metal Slug 3" Arrives on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday

xdk006-image61.jpg

Is...this a boss?

:O

(This would be my first Metal Slug. Looks hell of fun, just visually at least.)

Gowans

Baughten!

played a tonne of Metal Slug on my GBA, with online co-op it should be class

(they should have put co-op in Alien Homnid)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BenjaminBirdie said:
xdk006-image61.jpg

Is...this a boss?

:O

(This would be my first Metal Slug. Looks hell of fun, just visually at least.)

Yes and prepare to spend like 10 credits just killing it

teepo

i'm really interested in knowing what the achievements will be.

if beating this game in 1 credit is one of them, i'll be damned if anyone gets all 200 points.

teepo said:
i'm really interested in knowing what the achievements will be.

if beating this game in 1 credit is one of them, i'll be damned if anyone gets all 200 points.
They were posted a while ago in the XBLA thread.

And yes.

Edit: Actually, it's no deaths. So instead of 1CC, it's a 1LC.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
MicVlaD said:
You're not Shard.

Might buy this, depending on whether or not it lags a lot.

I was busy and it doesn't matter anyway, I have an official thread to build now.

Daigoro

online co-op? thats fantastic. hope it plays well...

GhaleonEB said:
Might have to check this out. I like the genre but never played any of the Metal Slug games.

Metal Slug is like a genre in itself. you dont know what youve been missing!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh and in order to get all of the achievements in this game you'll have to do something similar to this:

http://www.archive.org/details/MetalSlug3_hard_3319

It took the player in this vid over a year to accomplish this.
Good luck!

jesus. that is awesome. thanks for posting it.

Jimmy Stav said:
Would anyone say this game is better to play with an arcade stick?

god yes. this is the type of game arcade sticks were built for. so much fun.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Some of us are actually capable of resisting the urge to credit-feed. Better to have unlimited continues than to put out the people who aren't very good at these games but still manage to have fun with them(like me!)

that describes me pretty well. im pretty sure ill never 1CC this game, but i have a blast trying (and failing), while limiting myself to 1 credit

Arpharmd B said:
Hopefully the reason we havent seen Omega 5 yet is cause they're adding online co op.

That better be the reason. The last trailer I saw they highlighted local coop as if they were in 1995 or something. Either way its the one game I waiting on since Castle Crashers has completely fallen off the map. I refuse to continue buying these rehashed games. Its either original content or bust from here on out. 800 points for this is a fucking joke.

Rand al Thor 19

I got 15,000 M$ points and I've never played a Metal Slug before and co-op over LIVE is always a good thing so I think I'm going to pick this one up.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
It would be nice if they offered them all up for us at some point.
Actually, I want Samurai Showdown Sen, KOFXI, Metal Slug 6 and Neo Geo Battle Collessium. Maybe SNKP can bundle them all in one pack, add in Live multiplayer and sell it for $40. Lyte, good idea?

twinturbo2 said:
Actually, I want Samurai Showdown Sen, KOFXI, Metal Slug 6 and Neo Geo Battle Collessium. Maybe SNKP can bundle them all in one pack, add in Live multiplayer and sell it for $40. Lyte, good idea?

Personally, I think any and all SNK games from now on should be downloadable only. In other words, cheap and easy to find.

Everyone of those games could be sold for 1,200 XBLA points or less.

It is the only real viable option they have outside the asian arcades IMO.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Personally, I think any and all SNK games from now on should be downloadable only. In other words, cheap and easy to find.

Everyone of those games could be sold for 1,200 XBLA points or less.

It is the only real viable option they have outside the asian arcades IMO.
I doubt that SNKP's Atomiswave titles can squeeze into the XBLA file size limit. Maybe if it's doubled, I can see it. PSN has no filesize limits, though, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Oh No

In those screenshots it shows a limited number of credits available.
Guess I'll pass on this one. =/

After the debacle with SoR2 XBLA playing pickup games online really blows when somebody runs out of continues.

That and it takes me ten credits just to beat the last boss.

twinturbo2 said:
I doubt that SNKP's Atomiswave titles can squeeze into the XBLA file size limit. Maybe if it's doubled, I can see it. PSN has no filesize limits, though, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Microsoft just needs to realize that what they originally wanted XBLA to be and what gamers demand/expect it be are two different things entirely.

Metal Slug...On XBLA...Might have to pick this one up. I don't buy full games on XBLA THAT often, but this and Rez HD will probably be on my HD soon.

Nikashi

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh No

In those screenshots it shows a limited number of credits available.
Guess I'll pass on this one. =/

After the debacle with SoR2 XBLA playing pickup games online really blows when somebody runs out of continues.

That and it takes me ten credits just to beat the last boss.

Hrm. Some show the credits, some don't. Maybe only a limited number of credits for co op online, like TMNT did with lives?

Sectus

stuminus3 said:
Wait... does this mean the art has been completely redrawn at a higher resolution in a proper widescreen format (like the rather awesome Alien Hominid HD), or does it just mean they've stuck the game in a little filtered window in the middle of the screen with a "high definition" picture on the background and the occasional crappy special effect drawn over the old graphics (like most other arcade ports on XBLA)?
Looking at those screenshots, it's most definitely "HD graphics" in the sense they just slapped a filter on the graphics.

One thing I'm slightly worried about... will the game be censored? SNK was absolutely insane back in the days and censored all their games when being released for any other country besides Japan (for instance making boobs non-bouncy in KoF and making red blood to white in MS series)

mr stroke

Nikashi said:
Hrm. Some show the credits, some don't. Maybe only a limited number of credits for co op online, like TMNT did with lives?

i hope so, it wrong for them to give limited lives considering the insane difficulty

Jonnyram said:
Man, 800 pts is a bit steep for this considering:
1) Metal Slug Complete on PSP and Wii featuring 7 games for a decent price
2) It's a classic and classics are usually 400

Sigh.
2 player online co-op says your #1 up there shouldn't even be mentioned.

Top Bottom