• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton and the New World of Steam Reiterates 2025 Release; Largest Amount of Puzzles in Series’ History

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
GYPY8u1akAMdnSR

Via Noisy Pixel

During the latest Level-5 information broadcast, the developer reiterated that its upcoming mystery adventure Professor Layton and the New World of Steam will be released for Nintendo Switch in 2025.

New gameplay footage was unveiled, showcasing the environment and the return of the first-person perspective interactions players will have with the world and its denizens. A new character named Gunman King Joe also debuts, being some manner of ghostly apparition.

This entry will have the most puzzles in the series’ history. A new character, Coindar, is your traveling companion. Development is stated to be progressing smoothly.​

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If it has touch screen elements, I could see getting it for Switch. If not, probably will just wait a year and see what happens. Pretty much the best Level 5 series left.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
I remember discovering the site some months ago and bookmarking it. Loved the series for DS, hopefully it can live up to them.

SaintALia

Kinda thought this series was shelved. Didn't the guy behind the puzzles die? Maybe I misremebered, but I thought he/she died.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I've played several Layton games on my DS. I'm done with the series.
Maybe if they spice it up with some Game of Thrones type writing.

Robb

Gold Member
Interesting that Nintendo was the one to push for a follow up.. I wasn’t really planning on playing it anywhere else anyway. These kind of puzzle games are great to have portable and just do a puzzle here and there.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
To be frank, I wouldn’t make a selling point of having the largest amount of puzzles in the series.
Making this “bigger than ever, best of the best” episodes a) reeks of desperation, as in “we’re putting all of our ideas in this one basket because we may never get another chance at this, and b) it’s not necessarily a good thing. Trim the fat, don’t just throw every idea in the game because you can. There were already more puzzles and side games in the latest Layton games than necessary. Don’t make this a 40+ hour game just because.

Zannegan

I just want to know when they're going to remaster/rerelease early game collections like Phoenix Wright and Castlevania have. I've always wantes to play the whole series (in order, if possible).

Top Bottom