• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Blog: How Counterspy blends Bond, The Incredibles and Monty Python

nynt9

14537417229_54d68c1fab_o.jpg

Pretty interesting read. Details how they put a lot of love and care into the game and how everything they like influenced it. Comes out August 20th on PS4/Vita/PS3.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...dibles-monty-python-something-new-unexpected/

We sat down with Creative Director David Nottingham to find out how his small team have combined the game’s rich cocktail of influences into such an irresistibly idiosyncratic experience. Read on as David takes us through Dynamighty’s sources of inspiration, one-by-one…

1. The digital revolution
2. James Bond and the spy classics of the ’60s
3. Dr Strangelove and the comedy of satire
4. The music of Lalo Schifrin
5. The Incredibles
6. Growing up in The Cold War
7. Project A119
8. Impossible Mission
9. Another World and Flashback

Counter-espionage me if old.

No pre-order option in Europe :(

It's a sure buy for me anyway. The GC trailer mentions sharing between PS4/PS4/Vita systems but doesn't explicitly mention cross buy. Is the game cross buy or not? Vita has priority but if I can play on my PS4 too, the better.

wouwie

Currently enjoying Hohokum and The Swapper a lot and i'm hoping this will be equally good. It definately looks interesting. Then it's time for Velocity 2x. What an awesome month for PSN games.

Fingers crossed that this will be awesome.

R3TRODYCE

About time there's a thread on this, I just preordered it Thursday. I really like the art style and the gameplay looks great.

I tend to really dislike stealth focused games like Splinter Cell and the like, but for some reason I feel like I'll really like this game. Anyone else get that vibe?

lt519

Have pre-ordered for the PLAY series and $10 credit back. Only game I wasn't sure I wanted but the pre-order discount and $10 credit got me to take a chance. So far all 3 PLAY games have delivered big time.

I seriously know nothing about it though, going in blind.

Top Bottom