• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Update--Welcome Hub

nick776

My PS5 has the newest update that was released this week, but it does not have the "Welcome Hub." It still has the "Explore" section. I've searched every menu option available, and have even searched online to no avail. What am I missing and why do I not have the new Welcome Hub? It may be a dumb question, but I've exhausted all possible resources.

XXL

My PS5 has the newest update that was released this week, but it does not have the "Welcome Hub." It still has the "Explore" section. I've searched every menu option available, and have even searched online to no avail. What am I missing and why do I not have the new Welcome Hub? It may be a dumb question, but I've exhausted all possible resources.
I've heard they are rolling it out slowly over the next month or so.

nick776

I've heard they are rolling it out slowly over the next month or so.
I live in the USA, I wonder if anyone got it this past week as part of the rollout. On another note, I tried the 3d Sound Profile setup and I cannot tell where in the HECK some of the sounds are supposed to be coming from so as to accurately note it on the screen. I've tried all kinds of different headphones of varying qualities from Bose all the way to Bang Olufsen, same result on all.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
We didnt even get the explore/activity tab in Europe. Fuck Sony

Last edited:

Zathalus

I believe the Welcome tab is US only for now. Considering the explore tab never came to any other places I wouldn’t hold my breath on it appearing soon.

cormack12

Gold Member
I live in the USA, I wonder if anyone got it this past week as part of the rollout. On another note, I tried the 3d Sound Profile setup and I cannot tell where in the HECK some of the sounds are supposed to be coming from so as to accurately note it on the screen. I've tried all kinds of different headphones of varying qualities from Bose all the way to Bang Olufsen, same result on all.
Have you sent Cerny the pictures of the your ear?

I think it’s only out for PlayStation YouTube influencers for the first rollout. It will hit us pleebs by November.
I'm not an influencer and I got it.

It's a lot nicer than Explore which was just a bunch of useless ads and stale information about game releases. You can completely disable advertising and show only things like controller battery level, Friend list, Friend latest activity, free storage space, etc.

I still don't know why Sony got rid of the amazing Timeline that PS4 had which showed what all your friends were playing and what trophies they got, that shit was awesome

jm89

Off topic. Sony are gonna be really stubborn about allowing custom themes aren't they?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
BiQddHu.jpeg

I got it lol It wasnt here last night so it must have been pushed to me today.

Gonna mess with it now. Im in the US.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Off topic. Sony are gonna be really stubborn about allowing custom themes aren't they?

Yeah, it sucks cause, it's been years and that was a basic functionality of the PS4 UI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom