• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSE2 October 04' scores (Katamari gets jipped....)

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Second Sight graces the cover of the October issue of PlayStation 2 Extreme Magazine.

The scores: (out of 100%)

[I've bolded the scores that would have you shake your head in shame]

* Second Sight - 98% (Platinum)
* Sly 2: Band of Thieves - 98% (Platinum)
* Burnout 3: Takedown - 98% (Platinum)
* Street Racing Syndicate - 92% (Gold)
* Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - 92% (Gold)
* Shadow Hearts: Covenant - 90% (Gold)
* Spy Fiction - 74% (Bronze)
* Terminator 3: The Redemption - 80% (Silver)
* Shellshock: Nam' 67 - 86% (Silver)
* NHL 2005 - 88% (Silver)
* Under the Skin - 94% (Gold)
* Katamari Damacy - 83% (Silver)
* Gradius V - 91% (Gold)
* Dance Dance Revolution Extreme - 96% (Gold)
* Midway Arcade Treasure 2 - 89% (Silver)
* Juiced - 69% (Tin)
* The Guy Game - 60% (Tin)
* Mega Man X: Command Mission - 79% (Bronze)

The X-Factor section:

* Fable - 96% (Gold)

So, mediocre games like SRS and Under the Skin are favored more than the quirky beauty that is Katamari Damacy!??? I think I found my new toilet paper that is PSE2 Magazine..... :p

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
SRS, Under the Skin, and Shellshock...better than Katamari Damacy. Well I can see their opinion is wrong. At least they were smart enough to give Gradius V above 8/10, but the rest is bullcrap.

Meier

Under the Skin was fucking awesome at E3 (one of my top 5 along with Katamari Damacy). I refuse to believe it can be as bad as some outlets are saying.

I'm skeptical of any mag that gives 12 games in one month a score of 88% or better though regardless.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
This is the first faintly positive review Under the Skin has received. They seem to live in Bizarro world for most of the games.

Socreges

Banned
The PSE2 review crew:

camp-children01-550.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Uhh...you dorks do know that PSE2 is a joke mag, right? They purposely give the worst games the highest scores so the publishers would print their quote in print ads, TV ads, box arts and etc.

Common knowledge. Everyone who works there shits on journalistic integrity. Fuck them.

Socreges

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Uhh...you dorks do know that PSE2 is a joke mag, right? They purposely give the worst games the highest scores so the publishers would print their quote in print ads, TV ads, box arts and etc.

Common knowledge. Everyone who works there shits on journalistic integrity. Fuck them.
SLANDER! SLANDER! BAN HIM! HE MUST BE BANNED!

Anyway, The Guy Game should be higher then.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
:lol :lol I just want them to stop getting upset over a magazine that's about as useful as toilet paper.

Socreges said:
SLANDER! SLANDER! BAN HIM! HE MUST BE BANNED!

Anyway, The Guy Game should be higher then.

* The Guy Game - 60% (Tin)

They gave it a TIN award, man. That's really good! :D Although from what I've seen of this rag....er, mag, this is one of the lowest scores they give.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
AlphaSnake said:

Somebody has to be the one to call You Got Served the "Movie Experience of the Year!". I love those comments that are clearly edited and can be taken many ways. You could say "Shellshock is amazingly stupid in it's design" and then it appears on the box as "Shellshock is amazing...". :lol

I even seen some ads where they take two seperate game or movie reviews and combine them to make a positive comment.

Top Bottom