• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Footage - (Wipeout, etc...)

Socreges

Banned
olimario said:
That Action RPG looks amazing. Slick animation there and nice effects!
Yeah, really. Anyone know what game that was?

Wipeout looked... slow. I just got the impression that the crafts should be moving a whole lot faster.

What's that racer they show right before the tank game? That's the most impressive game they showed in that video.

The ARPG they show is Tenken Chimon.

jiggle

The action RPG is Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim, also available for the PS2. I believe the PSP iteration is without the subtitle.
Already confirmed for the US (PS2 version anyway).

Socreges

Banned
jiggle said:
The action RPG is Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim, also available for the PS2. I believe the PSP iteration is without the subtitle.
Already confirmed for the US (PS2 version anyway).
Funny because I was just going to say that it could be one of a few games necessary to sell me on a PSP. That is, if its fun. Any word on gameplay?

edit: Wait, SSx edited his post and says otherwise. I think you guys are identifying two different games. One is turn-based, one is not. Which game is the latter?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
This is all old footage from E3, remixed. The racing game just before the tank demo is Fafracer, I believe. And the tank demo was just that, an engine demo, nothing more.

SolidSnakex said:
What's that racer they show right before the tank game? That's the most impressive game they showed in that video.

The ARPG they show is Tenken Chimon.

The racer is Axel Impact (Fafracer) International...seems to have a steady framerate, too, this time.
The Ridge Racer and WipeOut footages are the same from E3, WipeOut looks really slow. Why can't SCEE make that shit on PS2...

jiggle

Socreges said:
Funny because I was just going to say that it could be one of a few games necessary to sell me on a PSP. That is, if its fun. Any word on gameplay?

edit: Wait, SSx edited his post and says otherwise. I think you guys are identifying two different games. One is turn-based, one is not. Which game is the latter?

The turn based on is Gagharv, followed immediately by Ys, and then Ten no Kagi, Chi no Mon with the smashing crate aka Tenken Chimon.

a Hands-on preview of Tenken:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/550/550813p1.html

ferricide

jiggle said:
The turn based on is Gagharv
eiyuu densetsu: the gagharv trilogy: shiroki majo, to be specific. what an overly long title.

it's not really turn based, btw. it's kind of like star ocean on full auto, or something. it's a little unusual, but it should make playing it on a handheld pretty snappy. you can interrupt to issue orders whenever, but mostly it's auto.

it looks OK. i like that kinda shit so i'm into it.

AltogetherAndrews said:
They completely messed up the series with Fusion; what makes you think they are capable of making Wipeout good again?

Fusion was terribly rushed to get an early release. It's not like they can't create a better product, because the team of WipeOut XL is still on track. WipeOut Pure might have been a new try on PS2 at the begin, but then the PSP appeared :mad:.

Elios83

Wipeout was really incomplete during in the E3 footage.A lot of textures were missing in the backgrounds.
But it's one of my most anticipated game on the PSP and I hope we hear more about it soon.

refreshZ

Socreges said:
Wipeout looked... slow. I just got the impression that the crafts should be moving a whole lot faster.

Early in the game and early in development no doubt. I remember similar things being said about Fusion and that was insanely fast when your craft was upgraded...

Wipeout has different classes, so i assume that they only had the slowest class on show.
I dont think Fusion was rushed, they released it 1 year late with many flaws.
Fusion played nothing like previous wipeouts but hopefully 'Pure' is just that, a real Wipeout and not that Fusion crap they gave us for the ps2 - ie. a straight foward, adrenalin pumping arcade racer. :D

No, the link contains a ] and closes the url.

Try copying this to the browser: gu-videogames.de/uni-playstation2/movies/[GU]PSPlineup.wmv

mr2mike

Banned
that action RPG looks the fucking shit! :eek:

And yes, fafracer psp looks mighty tasty indeed. And speaking of racers, I dont know why, but this new RR has me wanting to play it, wich is unusual for an RR game.. yeah I own RRV, but that's just for the occasional distraction... only bought it because it was a couple of bucks used....

PS: that game with the weird looking dudes and little miniature multicolor dancing aliens look fucked up, what the hell is it?

Shinobi

Maybe I'm missing something, but none of the first three Wipeouts were all that fast with the initial vechiles. Then again, that's in comparison to F-Zero A/GX, which is almost too fast for it's own good.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wipeout looks great. i hope they've gone back to the craft behaviors and track design styles of the ps1 games. and that's the first time i've seen y's vi in motion...i'm surprised by how well it moves. i'll play the psp version if it comes out here.

lexi

Banned
Impressive from what I saw, but I had to stop the video early due to possibly the worst music ever created.

Gattsu25

Banned
lockii said:
Impressive from what I saw, but I had to stop the video early due to possibly the worst music ever created.

choose A, B, or C:
A) not enough loud guitar notes and incoherent screaming
B) not some 17 year old chick with no singing talent but other 'assets'
C) music is in english

downloading vid now

Ploid 3.0

Gattsu25 said:
choose A, B, or C:
A) not enough loud guitar notes and incoherent screaming
B) not some 17 year old chick with no singing talent but other 'assets'
C) music is in english

downloading vid now

lol none of the above.. well it could be A if you like that kind of music.

PSP is awesoma!!! Can't wait to have this hott puppy in my hands :')~ <<Droolz

lexi

Banned
Yes, The RPG was niceness, and I feel more RPG's need to be presented that way.

I just muted WMP, btw, just pointing out that the music is indeed, shit.

Rei_Toei said:
The difference between Wip3out and Wipeout Fusion? No Designer's Republic for Fusion.

You know, I may never be able to forgive Sony for that. One Sony suit screwed things up for all of us.

Oh, and they did lose some key staff between 3 and Fusion.

Top Bottom