• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

psp up for pre-order at play-asia!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yep, after the price announcement I was refreshing Play-Asia ofter to secure a pre-order as soon as it would go up, and eventually it was there .I wonder how many they'll get and what will be the split between Value pack and Basic pack.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i don't know how confirmed the regionless games are. but i want a japanese unit anyway, for unspoiled minna no golf and the eventual release of psikyo's sengoku cannon. plus all the cool 2d games scea are likely to deny us.

if new information comes to light or the price goes up, i figure i can cancel.

Soul4ger

drohne said:
i don't know how confirmed the regionless games are. but i want a japanese unit anyway, for unspoiled minna no golf and the eventual release of psikyo's sengoku cannon. plus all the cool 2d games scea are likely to deny us.

if new information comes to light or the price goes up, i figure i can cancel.

You make wise point.

Mrbob

Wow. I'm surprised they aren't charging like 400-500 bucks a pop, taking advantage of the impending shortage of units.

Did you see the last bullet point?

•* Preorder price is subject to possible change upon release

:/

Shompola

Banned
awesome, I just placed the value pack + ridge racer + vampire chronicles and tnt shipping. What is tnt shippign anyway? anyone used it?

Arcticfox

Miburou said:
Can you use a regular memory stick with the PSP? I have a couple of 64MB and 128Mb lying around here.
The PSP uses Memory Stick Pro Duo media. I assume non-pro Memory Stick Duo's will also work, just at a slower speed. I don't think the larger standard Memory Sticks will fit.

Miburou

In any case, the good thing about using memory sticks is that I can backup save files that I'm not using anymore to a CD, and so free up space.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bastards. Just spent £218 on the value pack, minna no golf and ridge racers (wonder if thats a compendium?)

Was going to wait a bit, but it can't hurt to be near the front of the queue, and its not a lot more than hoping someone in Japan will pick one up for me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Arcticfox said:
The PSP uses Memory Stick Pro Duo media. I assume non-pro Memory Stick Duo's will also work, just at a slower speed. I don't think the larger standard Memory Sticks will fit.

I'd expect the larger sticks to fit, as the locks are on the leading edges - they'd stick out, but could be OK for watching a movie, or backing up saves.

I don't know if they'll work on non magic-gate or non PRO sticks though, if they ship a pro as standard?

Axsider

Banned
D2M15 said:
Oh god, I've bought everything.
laugh.gif

ME TOO!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Arcticfox

mrklaw said:
I'd expect the larger sticks to fit, as the locks are on the leading edges - they'd stick out, but could be OK for watching a movie, or backing up saves.

I don't know if they'll work on non magic-gate or non PRO sticks though, if they ship a pro as standard?
The standard Memory Stick isn't only longer, it is also 1.5mm wider and 1.2mm thicker. It isn't much of a difference, but I doubt the bigger stick would be able to fit into a port specifically designed for Memory Stick Duo media.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Some of sony's new digicams are Duo only and the slot opening is definitely smaller such that a standard size memstick simply won't fit.

Belfast

I'd love to get one, but I'm still worried about the region lock. Either way, its not that my lack of understanding Japanese is going to get in the way anymore. However, I don't think I'd be able to support the habit of buying Japanese games only. If its not region-locked, that'd be hot, and I'd be all over this for an Xmas present.

Top Bottom