• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP vs. DS: And The Winner Is...

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
dark10x said:
No shit? That's awesome! I've never seen anything like that...

Where do you live?!?!
Speaking for NYC...

when I use to take the train, there is always one adult on the train thats playing a GBA.

My school (Brooklyn College of CUNY) has TONS of non-freshman-highschool types playing in the Library and the comp/study labs.

At my place of employment, I once counted twenty (in one day) different individuals that are playing AW, Castlevania, Tetris, etc...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's a totally personal choice. The DS is in the same position right now as if it was a successor of the GBA even if Nintendo don't want it to be. It's
Hmm, weren't you that same guy who kinda ragged on the DS just the other day when you had the chance to try them both out at Ubisoft? So what personal choice was it then?

Ranger X

Marconelly said:
Hmm, weren't you that same guy who kinda ragged on the DS just the other day when you had the chance to try them both out at Ubisoft? So what personal choice was it then?

Wow guys you are pros at mixing things up!

Yoshi's avatar: it's there because i like the art of Paper Mario 2. I had a beautifull woman as an avatar before but they don't wanna see that on this board.

DS vs PSP: we speak about wich one will be the more successfull. Need a drawing or something? It's pretty clear that the DS have more CHANCES. Now to explain already your next questions: no i didn't say that the PSP won't have success, i say DS is having more CHANCES to be the more successfull.

And yes my favorite console between the PSP and the DS FOR IT'S LOOK and WEIGHT i prefer the PSP. I also prefer how it's buttons and joystick-button feels.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Wyzdom said:
And yes my favorite console between the PSP and the DS FOR IT'S LOOK and WEIGHT i prefer the PSP. I also prefer how it's buttons and joystick-button feels.

I do recall you saying that you were making this judgement based on the original DS design, which has obviously been replaced. Shouldn't you be holding off on that call, or at least qualifying yourself? :p

Drey1082

this is probably rehashing something someone already said, but I feel that for the PSP to be successful, it needs to be marketed ipod style (which is what it appears they are trying to do. Basically a sexy looking, fashionable device that plays games, music and other media. If it's marketed like nintendo markets gameboy, I don't think it will succeed. It needs to be shown a media device, not a game device. I almost think putting the playstation name on it was a bad idea. If marketed as some type of sony media player (games included). i think it would be more appealing to tech-savy individuals(like ipod users, as opposed to gamers).

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The consumers are the winner no matter the victor.

You have two very solid products from two different mindsets. Trying to guesstimate the winner now is a complete absurdity since Sony has been so damned reluctant to provide battery life and pricing let alone a reasonable launch window.

jarrod

Banned
Go Go Ackman! said:
Well true enough. I guess I'm biased against the cartridge format because I see it as a limiting factor in GBA's software quality.
DS uses cards, not carts.

sohka88 said:
How is the GBA sp premium HW?
Read his quote before you overreact.

Top Bottom