• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX is number one in Japan after price cut

Elios83

After the price cut in September PSX sales jumped up and according to the market research institute BCN, the DESR-5100 model (160GB hard disk and 44.800 yen) has been in first place in the DVD recorder chart for the period 9-27-04 to 10-3-04.
Second place a Pioneer and third place an other model by Sony.

Source Gamefront

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Well no shit. That's a bit interesting. Hmph.

Come to think of it, if they'd release a version of the PSX in the States (even with more features sacrificed to lower the price further), it would quell the cries of people lamenting HDD loss for the PSTwo.

In theory.

(In theory, Communism works. In theory.)

Elios83

PSX features have been completely restored as far as I know.
Pus I think there would be really no competition between PS2 and PSX.They are completely different products.
PSX will be out in Usa and Europe,but Sony decided it was better to put it under a revision before going outside Japan.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"PSX features have been completely restored as far as I know.
Pus I think there would be really no competition between PS2 and PSX.They are completely different products.
PSX will be out in Usa and Europe,but Sony decided it was better to put it under a revision before going outside Japan."

yeah, i updated my firmware and now i seem to have lots of what they said the PSX would do. There is access to PSBB like on the PS2, which is nice.

Haven't checked for cable support and the whole system is still shit slow, but we shall see...

Sony - if you are going to ask me to wait whilst upgrading -DONT just black screen me after an initial progress bar, then when i go to turn off give me a message saying "Don't do that... can't you seem i'm installing???" - SIMPLE design basics for fecksake.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Once I move to my new apartment with CATV, I am SO in the market for one of these.

I mean seriously -- it's like 350 bucks for a feckin' PlayStation 2 with HDD + TiVo.

hobart

+200 for Lifetime TiVo...

But still... 550 is not that terrible for an all in one stop for all entertainment needs.

But I'd rather save for some kind of HDTV, methinks.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I mean seriously -- it's like 350 bucks for a feckin' PlayStation 2 with HDD + TiVo."

well, not quite
it still has basic issues.

If i want to record "Keroro Gunso" - i can enter the search words BUT i still have to do a "search" function every week and then tag what i wanna record.

it can't do it for itself which is a bit crappy (actually i should try that again)

also - STILL only able to record terestrial tv - and the guides only span 1 week ahead.

Top Bottom