• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pure Pinball and Pinball Hall of Fame (plus some nostalgia about Last Gladiators)

I recently picked up Pure Pinball for Xbox. It's very basic - only four tables - but man is it fun. Nice eye candy too (glass reflections, etc.). Well worth the budget price of $20 IMO. Anyone else here have this?

Speaking of pinball games, does anyone have any information on the upcoming Pinball Hall of Fame for PS2, Xbox, and GameCube? It's also a budget title. I love pinball games, so barring some really hideous reviews, I'll likely get it. I wish I could find a description or some screenshots though. If anyone can guide me in the proper direction, it'd be MUCH appreciated.

On a more nostalgic note, anyone remember Last Gladiators for the Sega Saturn? That was a really underrated gem of a pinball game that I don't think gets the credit or recognition it deserves. I keep telling myself that I have to buy a copy of it before it's too late. I still have my Saturn, but like a bozo, I sold quite a few of my games to finance my PSX purchase (big mistake, I know, but I was a kid then - what did I know?).

FoneBone said:
Some Pinball Hall of Fame screens (although I still don't know jack shit about the game) here:
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/965/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame/p1
Thanks, FoneBone. Judging from those pics, it seems that Pure Pinball has better graphics, but the jury's ultimately still out on that one.

I just found more info on Pinball Hall of Fame from the unlikeliest source: walmart.com:

Pinball Hall of Fame is a compilation of eight of Gottlieb's greatest pinball machines spanning the 60 years of arcade pinball's golden age. Recreated in a 3D environment, the gameplay visuals and sound effects are so authentic that they virtually take you back to a time when pinball machines ruled the arcades. Immerse yourself in classic pinball action with seven tables that span from the 60's through the 90's.

* Provides seven classic Gottlieb pinball tables from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's
* Tables include Aces High, Central Park, Big Shot, Genie, Black Hole, Victory and Tee'd Off
* Discover historical art and fun facts
* Unlock a bonus table
* Go online with Xbox Live for more options.
* For 1 to 4 players
(Interestingly enough, the online factoid is missing from the description of the PS2 version on Wal-Mart's website.)

It seems like this game will have real tables, but does anyone know anything about Gottlieb? Bally and Williams I've heard of, but Gottlieb?

I used to play Genie a lot.

But.. no Haunted House? That's probably Gottleib's best game.

Bally/WIlliams needs to do a collection like this. Bally made the best pinball games, IMHO.

Top Bottom