• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

When you are trying to get skillups, is it better to put 5 of the monster in at the same time, or should you feed them one at a time?

One at a time, you can only get one skill-up per fusion so youve a better chance if you feed them sequentially (supposedly the skillup chance is 20% but I seriously doubt it)

Man, I have hit a wall, and I'm looking for advice on what to do next. Currently stuck on the last stage of the Polar Night Tower, and am up to the fourth stage of Ice Maze, the second technical dungeon. Up till this point, I felt I could easily defeat every dungeon on my own, irrespective of helper. Now, I've wasted the last two days worth of stamina failing the Polar Night Tower stages.

Here's my team. The top row are my main players. I've been using Vampire Lord as my leader. Still using my starter dragon solely for the HP he provides, though I want to replace him with a dark monster ASAP.
VPQG6Kf.jpg

Any advice on team composition is welcomed. I know that most of the monsters I would want are gacha, and so I'm saving my stones until the drop rate for Darks or Gods goes up.

I assume that I just need to level up my team and get some new monsters if I want to move on from here. Any advice on where to best farm dark XP? What about Dark monsters? Are there any dungeons available to me at this point that drop monsters I would want to add to my team?
Too bad the Sky Dragon of Darkness dungeon just ended recently. Did you even try it when it was available? It drops a ton of Lil' Black Dragons. I got like 6 of them while trying to catch the boss egg over several runs. In the normal dungeons, they make a rare appearance in Pluto Valley. Your best bets would be the Creeping Darkness or Dragon of the Abyss floors, because in addition to random appearances, the bosses of those floors also drop Lil' Black Dragons.

Vampires very rarely(as in "Good luck!") appear in Castle of Satan.

There's also the Keeper dungeons available today. I played through one of each color dungeon, and got lucky running into a Dark Keeper in each one. So I got 3 Dark Keepers in just 3 runs. It's a decent monster with a good skill. And I don't know if your team can support its cost, but with your Lilith and Titan you could grab a healer friend and possibly make a run for the Rainbow Keeper. It's a very strong monster with over 3000 HP and over 1000 ATK. Though, the Rainbow dungeon takes forever to beat, and the Rainbow Keeper is not a guaranteed drop.

Uthred

Is a resolve build the way to go for the rainbow keeper dungeon? Looking at his defence I dread to think how long it'll take to burn him down (and I just know the fucker wont drop at the end of it)

raiot

Yeah, a resolve build is pretty much the only way. I put a hades in my team, the percantage damage attack makes it a "short" 15 minute fight...

Too bad the Sky Dragon of Darkness dungeon just ended recently. Did you even try it when it was available? It drops a ton of Lil' Black Dragons. I got like 6 of them while trying to catch the boss egg over several runs. In the normal dungeons, they make a rare appearance in Pluto Valley. Your best bets would be the Creeping Darkness or Dragon of the Abyss floors, because in addition to random appearances, the bosses of those floors also drop Lil' Black Dragons.

There's also the Keeper dungeons available today. I played through one of each color dungeon, and got lucky running into a Dark Keeper in each one. So I got 3 Dark Keepers in just 3 runs. It's a decent monster with a good skill. And I don't know if your team can support its cost, but with your Lilith and Titan you could grab a healer friend and possibly make a run for the Rainbow Keeper. It's a very strong monster with over 3000 HP and over 1000 ATK. Though, the Rainbow dungeon takes forever to beat, and the Rainbow Keeper is not a guaranteed drop.

Are those any good, i've not really read much on wikis, seems to be a clusterfuck on some of them. But got a Lil Black Dragon from the rare pull the other night.

Azheim

Neo Member

Thanks for the tips. I got a Lil' Black Dragon from the Sky Dragon dungeon, but then absentmindedly used it as fusion material. Guess I'll just have to wait for that dungeon to come back. For today, I'll try running the keeper dungeons for a dark keeper.

It's possible to beat the Rainbow dungeon with a strong enough team without using Resolve. You need at least 11101 HP, a 50% Dark damage reducer in the leader slot, and a good healer. The Keepers shouldn't be able to kill you with that setup. The only things to worry about are the regular mobs that can come in groups of 4. But since you're not using Resolve, your team should be loaded with powerful monsters, so the regular mobs shouldn't be much of a problem.

Are those any good, i've not really read much on wikis, seems to be a clusterfuck on some of them. But got a Lil Black Dragon from the rare pull the other night.
It evolves into an awesome Chaos Devil Dragon. The translation of the names are off, but this translated wiki page shows the details of its fully-evolved form.

Chaos Devil Dragon

It's possible to beat the Rainbow dungeon with a strong enough team without using Resolve. You need at least 11101 HP, a 50% Dark damage reducer in the leader slot, and a good healer. The Keepers shouldn't be able to kill you with that setup. The only things to worry about are the regular mobs that can come in groups of 4. But since you're not using Resolve, your team should be loaded with powerful monsters, so the regular mobs shouldn't be much of a problem.

It evolves into an awesome Chaos Devil Dragon. The translation of the names are off, but this translated wiki page shows the details of its fully-evolved form.

Chaos Devil Dragon

Thanks for the link, guess I better get playing and levelling it then!

It's rather annoying that there is no way to back up the Android version, seems crazy that they dont have a login system. Guess I will have to use Titanium Backup every couple of days just to make sure i'm fine.

Uthred

10 solid minutes and I've got maybe 20% of the Rainbow Keepers bar off, this is likely going to take an hour, oh well at least Ill get some stamina back (No risk of death thanks to Xelios's Ama)

Edit: 59 minutes, no drop - rage

Is a resolve build the way to go for the rainbow keeper dungeon? Looking at his defence I dread to think how long it'll take to burn him down (and I just know the fucker wont drop at the end of it)

Yep. Rainbow keeper is easy, but you need some maths (and a lot of patience).

The real difficult fight is the 4th combat. You need to generate 75% of life in 3 rounds, but you need to have a good amount of life for the knights of the first 3 rounds.

The only that you need (aside of an ogre) is a friend with a Siren Enchantress, Alraune or Archangel. Check the RCV. Multiply for 3 to get the life restored each round. Multiply for 3 to get the life that you'll get between the keeper attacks. That should be, at least, the 75% of your life.

So, get sure that your team + the friend healer has an amount of life slightly smaller than Friend Healer RCV x 12, and that you have at least 2 characters with special attacks, because you can find in the first 3 rounds some syncronized knights that you should kill before they attack.

Then, you only need to remember that, fighting with the keepers, you make at least a match each round.

Does it matter, Blue, Green or Red the best dungeon for Light Keeper? I need one more for my Ama.

And when it comes to masks, tomorrow(or mask day) the best chance to get Divine Gold?

raiot

Does anyone have a dmg halfer for blue? I want to farm ice mech dragon but don't want to rely solely on xelios amaterasu. With a halfer it would work fine :)

Kosh

[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/22/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the deal with Expert Keeper dungeon? I can't find a list of monsters to fight. I was going to run my Odin/Amu team, but I'm not sure it will work just yet. Anyone have a monster list/strat page?

Man, I have hit a wall, and I'm looking for advice on what to do next. Currently stuck on the last stage of the Polar Night Tower, and am up to the fourth stage of Ice Maze, the second technical dungeon. Up till this point, I felt I could easily defeat every dungeon on my own, irrespective of helper. Now, I've wasted the last two days worth of stamina failing the Polar Night Tower stages.

Here's my team. The top row are my main players. I've been using Vampire Lord as my leader. Still using my starter dragon solely for the HP he provides, though I want to replace him with a dark monster ASAP.
VPQG6Kf.jpg

Any advice on team composition is welcomed. I know that most of the monsters I would want are gacha, and so I'm saving my stones until the drop rate for Darks or Gods goes up.

I assume that I just need to level up my team and get some new monsters if I want to move on from here. Any advice on where to best farm dark XP? What about Dark monsters? Are there any dungeons available to me at this point that drop monsters I would want to add to my team?
You are super under-ranked for how far you've gotten. Also seems like you have way fewer monsters than you should; what happened to all your pulls/drops? Try progressing to he Dark technical dungeon; the monsters there might help add variety to your dark team.
feed them one at a time is what i heard
That was before we found out you could get multiple skillups from one fusion. Now it doesn't matter how many you feed at once.

harrytang

2 hours and 4 runs at ice mech. kept leveling so getting refills on stamina. no boss drops though. sometimes i get as few as 3 monsters and sometimes as many as 7, but no boss drop. sucks. plenty of time left i suppose until gone. used up all my odin friends in the process. need to wait until someone logs back in.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Odin + good healer allows me to clear (albeit, slowly at times) so much.

Yup - SO good. I'm pretty sure you can even do Rainbow Keeper non-resolve with Odin + good heals. I might try it, since 80% of his 22k attack is only 4440 HP (which is easy to get).

Caught the Icemech Dragon on my first run! Granted, it was only on adept but still! I ran my Wood Mech Warrior Asgard for my leader, and his leader skill accounted for over 65,000 damage against the boss. Insane!

harrytang

Yup - SO good. I'm pretty sure you can even do Rainbow Keeper non-resolve with Odin + good heals. I might try it, since 80% of his 22k attack is only 4440 HP (which is easy to get).

odin + my 5* siren healer the only way ive been able to progress through about 90% of this game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, that's my rainbow keeper strategy, or at least it will be in 50 minutes when my energy refreshes enough.

Jinko

2 hours and 4 runs at ice mech. kept leveling so getting refills on stamina. no boss drops though. sometimes i get as few as 3 monsters and sometimes as many as 7, but no boss drop. sucks. plenty of time left i suppose until gone. used up all my odin friends in the process. need to wait until someone logs back in.

If you log out/shut down the app they will appear on your list again, or at least they do for me.

harrytang

If you log out/shut down the app they will appear on your list again, or at least they do for me.

yeah that's a good strategy, but no luck this time for me. i think if the timer runs down and they havent logged back in i lose them. at night when everyone playing i usually have no problem picking the same guy over and over. dont really care about the pal points right now.

Gaspode_T

I just realized the lowest level metal dragons only have 1000 exp and can't be leveled up, am I missing something or do they suck or what? I had a run through a metal dragon dungeon and got only 1 special metal the rest were the 1000 exp versions...almost a waste of 15 stamina???

Azheim

Neo Member
You are super under-ranked for how far you've gotten. Also seems like you have way fewer monsters than you should; what happened to all your pulls/drops? Try progressing to he Dark technical dungeon; the monsters there might help add variety to your dark team.

Until I got to the Polar Night Tower, I had never run through any dungeon more than once (with the exception of revisiting some dungeons for evo materials.)

I unfortunately took your advice to save stones for gacha pulls a little too far, and I avoided buying any expansion slots until recently. Foolishly ended up fusing one of my gacha pulls (Lil' white dragon, I think) because I thought they were no good to my dark team. I also got a Lil' Black Dragon drop and unintentionally fused it as well. The rest of my pulls/drops are right there in the box. Counting my starter, and the fused dragon, I've had 5 pulls total, I believe.

Current goal is to pick up a Keeper of Rainbow, and I'll definitely work on getting up to the dark technical dungeon. Thanks for offering your input. Also, thanks very much for starting this thread and introducing me to PAD! You've stolen countless hours from my life, and I am grateful for it.

Jinko

I unfortunately took your advice to save stones for gacha pulls a little too far, and I avoided buying any expansion slots until recently. Foolishly ended up fusing one of my gacha pulls (Lil' white dragon, I think) because I thought they were no good to my dark team. I also got a Lil' Black Dragon drop and unintentionally fused it as well. The rest of my pulls/drops are right there in the box. Counting my starter, and the fused dragon, I've had 5 pulls total, I believe.

You can get both of them through pal pulls if you are lucky and they drop in special dungeons as well so shouldn't worry to much.

I just realized the lowest level metal dragons only have 1000 exp and can't be leveled up, am I missing something or do they suck or what? I had a run through a metal dragon dungeon and got only 1 special metal the rest were the 1000 exp versions...almost a waste of 15 stamina???

Yea metals suck, I only do coloured, an evolved pengdra works out better Xp/Stamina IMO.

They should consider adding dark and light pengdra's, they won't though.

Hello all. Just found this game on Friday. Have a question. Is there a way to backup the save file for the game? My son told me his game was corrupted this morning and it wiped out his game..would hate to go through that. I'm on Android. Thanks in advance.

Hello all. Just found this game on Friday. Have a question. Is there a way to backup the save file for the game? My son told me his game was corrupted this morning and it wiped out his game..would hate to go through that. I'm on Android. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately there seems to be no official way to back up your game although you could get Titanium Backup and use that in case of emergencies. But for that you need to be rooted too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&feature=nav_result#?t=W10.

Jinko

Only if your device is rooted.

The files are in Data/Data/jp.gungho.padEN

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
what dungeon would be the 'best' to get a healer to drop? siren/mermaid w/ 2xdrop?

I got 7 mermaids before I got the ice mech on expert, but I guess that's a lot of stamina and not for everyone. I'd give you some if I could though!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
NONE of my healer friends are on. The FUCK? I can't run any of the hard stuff without a healer, haha. I need to delete some of my friends who don't have a healer and load up on healers to replace them.

xelios

I'm on I'm just still in the rainbow keeper dungeon from last night, I picked the wrooooong team.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yea metals suck, I only do coloured, an evolved pengdra works out better Xp/Stamina IMO.

They should consider adding dark and light pengdra's, they won't though.

Not sure that's the case for leveling up dark creatures. Getting plants, pengdras and colored metals take a bunch a stamina.

xelios

Long fight?

Yes. I don't know why I decided to take the team I did for experimentation purposes but I did. I just closed it out because I don't have the patience. Gonna restart the app so you should see me soon.

The ruby dungeon is telling me to evolve the Shiva I gachad a few days ago. Think I will evolve to Volcano Meteor Dragon and Ifrit as well just for kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom