• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quentin Tarantino to work with the Muppets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

Holy zombie jesus!

http://www.themoviebox.net/php/news...ull&id=1093380197&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

TheMovieBox.net said:
TARANTINO WILL NEXT WORK WITH KERMIT THE FROG
Source: HollywoodReporter
Date: August 24, 2004, 1:43 pm
Submitted: RichM

Reuters reports that R&B singer Ashanti and director Quentin Tarantino are set to star in ABC's original movie tentatively titled "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" with Queen Latifah currently in final negotiations to join in the take on the classic L. Frank Baum novel.

Ashanti plays aspiring performer Dorothy Gale, who works at the diner of her Auntie Em (Latifah) in a small Kansas town while dreaming of hitting the big time.

One day, a tornado sweeps up the trailer where Dorothy lives, and she finds herself in a Muppet version of Oz. There, she meets the Munchkins (played by the Muppet rats), the Scarecrow (Kermit the Frog), the Tin Man (Gonzo) and the Lion (Fozzie).

The group's quest to get the Wicked Witch (Miss Piggy) culminates with a fight scene between Dorothy and the witch.

As the action is about to begin, the film cuts to Tarantino pitching to Kermit how the scene should be done -- a cameo written specifically for the "Kill Bill" director.

Kirk R. Thatcher, who directed NBC's successful "Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" in 2002, is on board to shoot the film, which will air as part of the Wonderful World of Disney franchise. It will feature several music numbers but will not be a musical.

We've got the :lol smiley, now all we need is some sort of a 'what the fuck' smiley.......

hXc_thugg

I like Quentin Tarantino because he just doesn't give a fuck. I imagine if Pepsi approached him to do a commerical, he would probably say yes.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I picture this being like the episode of Jimmy Kimmel live that he "directed". And throw in the Muppets in a Wizard of Oz setting, I think that's some quality entertainment right there.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
mattx5 said:
now all we need is some sort of a 'what the fuck' smiley.......

wtf.gif

That's so awesome. When you're watching a muppet movie and you see 'And Quentin Tarantino as Himself' in the opening credits.... that's a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom