• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.I.P.D.: The Game |OT| Jeff Bridges is NEOGAF's waifu.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This is a movie tie in. Adjust your optimism accordingly.

R.I.P.D..jpg

This game launched right in the middle of the current Steam summer sale so it has gone especially unnoticed.

Steam:
----------------------------

$9.99 : US
$9.99 : AUS
€ 9.99 : EU
£ 6.99 : UK
49.00 : руб (So ask a Russian friend to gift it to you.)

Console:
----------------------------

PSN: $9.99
Xbox Marketplace: 800 pts. (The fake monetary system reflects the lack of respect Microsoft has for it's customers.)

Publisher's description:

Based on the 3D supernatural action-adventure film, R.I.P.D., you and a partner will take up the holsters of two lawmen dispatched to the otherworld to protect and serve the living from an increasingly destructive array of souls who refuse to move peacefully to the other side. Top-notch teamwork and an arsenal of badass weapons are the keys to defeating your enemies and bringing order back to the world.

Important takeaways?

Third Person Co-op featuring Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds

Minimum:
Processor:Intel Core2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GHz
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 or ATI Radeon™ 2900 XT
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:5 GB HD space
Sound:Any DirectX compatible card
Additional:Using an SLI configuration might cause issues when running the game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended:
Processor:Intel Core2 Quad or AMD Phenom X4 9950, 2.6GHz
Memory:3 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 or ATI Radeon™ 5850
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:5 GB HD space
Sound:Any DirectX compatible card
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
Additional:Using an SLI configuration might cause issues when running the game.

Quality:

Developer is Saber Interactive (Old School Games). Their previous highs involve Inversion, Timeshift, and God Mode. Three original IPs; that are competent games in their respective genres. Unfortunately they are also responsible for the abysmal game tie in for the movie Battle: Los Angeles.

Impressions/Reviews: (sorry about the late update, the game seems to be flying under the radar so I want to wait for some more reviews.):

Impressions:

Force : Gives a through overview of the player abilities and game mechanics..thought God Mode was decent. (OP note: Plays as Jeff Bridges like all good hearted people would.)
Giantbomb : Asked people to jump in and join Vinny (s/n MindCavity) anytime after the Quicklook debuted. It's an okay video game, otherwise. (OP note: Vinny is a good hearted person.)
TotalBiscuit : Does not like R.I.P.D....thought God Mode was a terrible game. (OP note: Did not play as Jeff Bridges.)

Reviews:

slasher_thrasher21 : Worse than DARK. (OP note: SR21 did not play as Jeff Bridges)
Karak : Refused to review it.
Co-Optimus : ...it looks bad for a $5 game...I turned the game off and took some aspirin, and by aspirin I mean delicious booze. 1.5/5

Totobeni
Karak

Let's see if this OT breaks five pages.

Omzz

Wtf...for a second i thought this was mistakingly posted on gaming side

But there's actually a game for this???

Alrus

Out of all the summer blockbuster, this one got a tie-in game? The hell?

Also the movie is going to bomb even worse than The Lone Ranger.

This took the cake for the worst game I've played this year in about 5 minutes of play and that's saying something as I've played the following this year.

Star Trek
Ride to Hell
Dark
Aliens Colonial Marines

Busty

Banned
Universal will be on it's hands and knees using all the hundred dollar bills in profit they get from Despicable Me 2 to mop up the red ink on this miserable bomb.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
How many naughty ghosts can there be?

I... I think they're just shooting people here.

...I have to go now.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Senator Soufflé;71164981 said:
Is Bridges in the top 5 of NeoGAF's waifu list?

I know that Idris, Fassbender and Cumberbatch are the Holy Trinity. Is The Dude number 4?

Jeff Bridges created that list so others could pretend like they could compare to his greatness.

Karak

Ah, that sucks. I enjoy your reviews.
Hey I really appreciate that. I had a chance but got to see some preliminary gameplay and felt it was best to move on.
You will see some awesome big stuff in the next couple weeks though when it comes to reviews and more importantly early footage. What I am playing(NDA can't say the name) will be 'knock your socks off" awesome. State of Decay awesome. I just couldn't be forced to stop that to play...this game:(

Top Bottom