• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raccoon climbs 700-foot-tall Toronto crane, poops at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Raccoon climbs 700-foot-tall Toronto crane, poops at the top

toronto-raccoon-crane-poop.jpg

A raccoon with no fears of heights is famous on social media after it climbed a 700-foot-tall (213 metre) construction crane on Yonge Street near Rogers Centre in downtown Toronto.

On Thursday morning, crane operator Robert MacFarlane captured photos of the urbanized critter climbing up the ladder towards where he was positioned.

But before making its way down, MacFarlane tweeted that the raccoon also defecated at the top of the crane. The animal managed to reach the ground safely.

This comes after the City of Toronto’s recent announcement that it will be rolling out a new raccoon-proofed garbage bin design to reduce incidents of knocked over bins and spilled trash.

View from the top:

tumblr_inline_nmq7dt4LDO1ss1hvg_500.gif

Ovek

7Member7
By shitting on the highest "tree" makes it the King of Raccoons... and he will rule with a iron fist...

rise_of_the_undead_raccoon_king_by_lengartistry-d7d82bq.jpg

PSqueak

Banned
That raccoon sure sent a message.

"You think you can Raccoon proof your bins? Foolish humans, nothing can be Raccoon proofed!"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Poor raccoon just wanted some privacy while performing his business.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
it also might kill you if its hardened up. Imagine reading this story in the news, "Man killed by falling raccoon poop in Toronto"

Unlikely, the terminal velocity of even a hardened racoon poop would likely not be enough to kill someone.

Watch the Mythbusters where they test dropping coins off of buildings - it's not as dangerous as you would think.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
<------ My new Avatar.
Tanuki's and Raccoons actually aren't related at all.

Tanuki's are in the genus Nyctereutes
Raccoons are in the genus Procyon

They are both in the same order though, Carnivora.

Tom Nook is based off of the Tanuki.

ElNino

I can't open the story on my work PC, but I don't think it's from a Toronto news site considering this:
A raccoon with no fears of heights is famous on social media after it climbed a 700-foot-tall (213 metre) construction crane on Yonge Street near Rogers Centre in downtown Toronto.
That building/crane (which is across the street from my office) isn't all that close to the Rogers Centre.

sarcastor

I've seen raccoons on treasure island near San Francisco. The only way there is to take the Oakland bridge. How the fuck did they get there ? I know people who don't know how to get to Treasure island.

Not that falling poop isn't funny, but he didn't poop over thin air. He pooped on a flat surface at the top.

By the way, anyone who hasn't smelled raccoon poop, count yourself lucky. One got into my mom's house and pooped in the guest room. It's vile. No domesticated animal compares.

genjiZERO

Raccoons are fucking mental.

I woke up once to a raccoon scratching at my window trying to get it. When I banged on it to shoo him away he vandalized my front porch by knocking over ever single one of my plants.

Another time I heard something crash on my back balcony. I went outside and saw another (maybe same?) raccoon knock over a plant and was heading down the stairs. He looked up to me as to say, "Hey, fuck you and your plant, bro", and then sauntered down like he didn't give two-shits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom