• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rain |OT| Wash away those Last Guardian blues

Great thread title. Would have never clicked. Now it's a must have. Games like this, Brothers and State of Decay have really closed out this Gen in a fantastic way more than any AAA title.

wouwie

I just installed the game (pre-order is up for download in EU) so now the wait until wednesday begins. I'm really looking forward to this and hope it can deliver on it's promise (whatever that might have been).

Just received an email from Sony notifying me that my pre-order has been charged. Heads up to anyone on the fence - today is the last day you can pre-order and get the bonuses.

Charged and preloaded. One thing that's somewhat annoying, the themes, avatars and mini OST won't download. They are set to auto download and were supposed to download last night but nothing...

RangerBAD

So I'm away from my PS3 and I wanted to get this game pre-ordered before tomorrow. I was going to use the PC store, but I'm wondering why it says 1.3MB in size. Is that some code or something saying you pre-ordered the game so you can download it later? (Disclaimer: I've never used the PC store before or pre-ordered a game on PSN.)

So I'm away from my PS3 and I wanted to get this game pre-ordered before tomorrow. I was going to use the PC store, but I'm wondering why it says 1.3MB in size. Is that some code or something saying you pre-ordered the game so you can download it later? (Disclaimer: I've never used the PC store before or pre-ordered a game on PSN.)

Says 2gb for me. (UK)

3keSW4V.png

If I had to guess, maybe it's an authorisation key or something?

Akito

So I was just preordering this on the German Store and after the email with the confirmation for the preorder another email came which says that I don't have enough credit on my account and they will try charge it one more time before the preorder stage is over and if that also fails they will cancel the preorder. Well duh but I do have a CC on my account so I don't see why they couldn't take the money from there.
So is this how the preorder business on PSN works? The funny thing is all the files are already on my DL list and the game is already downloaded will they disappear or just be useless if the cancellation came through?

Shahed

Charged and preloaded. One thing that's somewhat annoying, the themes, avatars and mini OST won't download. They are set to auto download and were supposed to download last night but nothing...
Got the same problem. I could download the 2GB file straight away, but not the rest. I want that theme!

Are you logged in?

I was, just logged out and it still shows 2gb on the main page. Not sure why it's showing up as 1.3mb for you.

I do think the 1,3mb is probably an authorisation or something similar, but don't take my word for it. Perhaps ask for some advice on Twitter/PSN blog?

Got the same problem. I could download the 2GB file straight away, but not the rest. I want that theme!

Yeah, I didn't have this problem with the extras for Puppeteer. Pretty annoying as I really wanted to check out the theme and the mini OST. Ah well, only a couple of days left...

RangerBAD

Maybe it's the theme. I'm wondering buying off the PC store works. Do you just get on your PS3 and download it from the storefront?

SxP

Maybe it's the theme. I'm wondering buying off the PC store works. Do you just get on your PS3 and download it from the storefront?

Yeah, I did just that earlier today. It will just appear in your download list if you buy it from the website. Though, like others, I could only download the 2gb game files and not the extras.

I want at least a 5 hour game

Also is the pre order bonus available in the UK?

I think you'll be disappointed to be honest. We've had a couple of impressions already from people who have received review copies, and while they seemed to have liked the game, they did comment on how short it is. Best keep your expectations of campaign length to Journey/Unfinished Swan levels.

The pre-order bonuses are still available, but I don't think they will be tomorrow, so you better act fast if you want them.

Tuesday review embargo seems a bit concerning given this is the kind of small scale game you'd want positive word of mouth

Almost besides the point though - I can't really envision a scenario where I don't support this concept :)

RangerBAD

I think you'll be disappoint to be honest. We've had a couple of impressions already from people who have received review copies, and while they seemed to have liked the game, they did comment on how short it is. Best keep your expectations of campaign length to Journey/Unfinished Swan levels.

The pre-order bonuses are still available, but I don't think they will be tomorrow, so you better act fast if you want them.

Well, at 15 bucks I didn't expect a full-length game.

hurzelein

Was a bit worried that they always just showed the street-scence. But after seeing the Launch-Trailer I think there is more variety to it.

Actually this was maybe the best thing about The Unfinished Swan. I found it so interesting that I bought it, just expecting the black/white-gameplay from the first presentation. After experiencing the game as a whole I was so impressed.

Hope rain also delivers, will support it just for the interesting style.

I don't get the organzisation of Sony Studio Japan because they have one brand name but make so much games with different teams. But they never fail to make interesting games!

Gah, this is really pissing me off now. Is anyone else still unable to download the extras? I really don't understand the use of auto download for these extras when they haven't used it for other game extras in the past...

Dammit Sony.

Endo Punk

Shame Sony left the embargo far too late. The game is releasing today, doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the title.

oti

Banned
Review embargo is up. Ask me any questions if you want. I reviewed it for a German print magazine. I beat it in around 4 hours and really enjoyed it. I'm sure there will be many comparisons to Journey, but for me, rain is much more grounded and not as "epic" as Journey. The worst thing about this game are some trial and error moments, but it`s still a great game and experience overall. And the music is great!

Top Bottom