• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random acts of kindness that helped to restore your faith in humanity

There are still good people out there. I recently lost my wallet walking back from the supermarket because I stupidly overstuffed my dickies pants pockets, which are bad as far as pockets go because they're so shallow. Retracing my steps would prove fruitless as I did not realize that I had dropped my wallet until hours after the fact, and, as expected, when I did retrace my steps, the wallet was nowhere to be found. My whole life was in that wallet. I reported my cards and license lost but there was a decent amount of cash in there as well some items which held some sentimental value. I despaired and assumed that the wallet and its contents were lost to me forever, but yesterday I received a strange package in the mail from a sender I did not know. It was the wallet with all of its contents in tact. I still can't get over the fact that not only was nothing missing from the wallet but that someone spent money on postage to send it to me, no strings attached. That sort of kindness is truly heartwarming.

That is heartwarming indeed. Sadly though, during my 28 years of existence on this planet I literally cannot recall of even one single instance where I was met with a random act of kindness from a complete stranger. I can't even say I've ever seen it or heard from it in my direct environment either. Either I'm unlucky or the chances of it happening are unbelievably small and judging from the lack of response so far, I fear the worst.

Ken

While grocery shopping the person behind me paid the amount I was missing (about $12) even though I wanted to just give back some beef fingers so I didn't have to accept their cash.

Also you accidentally posted this in gaming community.

Top Bottom